LB off Kiss tour

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
LIMP BIZKIT have reportedly been booted off the upcoming KISS tour of Australia, which is now scheduled to begin in May. KISS fans Down Under made it clear to local promoter that they Andrew McManus Presents that they wanted a more suitable opening act for the trek and the promoter eventually obliged — but not before firing off a letter to the protesting fans emphasizing the key "selling points" for the KISS/BIZKIT package, none of which seemed convincing in the least. KISS are said to be planning a U.S. summer tour beginning in June which will reportedly include a more traditional hard rock-oriented opening act, with BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION and POISON being mentioned as distinct possibilities. No further information is available at this time.

:lol: Fight the power!

Does anyone else think Troops would probably enjoy the American tour?

I heard about Limp Bizkit being booted from the tour the other week from some guys who know the promotor, but thats great news about their summer tour in the US....

You know that also means we have more of a chance of seeing either Poison or the Brides here? Poison especially are totally unlikely to come to Australia on their own, but backing Kiss there's a good chance of it! I just hope Kiss don't scale down Poison's show. I'd rather see a full Poison show than a full Kiss show, already seen Kiss 4 times and no doubt they'll be back, I wanna see a full length full scale Poison show!

Might have been an off show Spiffoon. I've heard nothing but rave reviews from most people who have seen Poison live. Apparently they never sound very tight or anything but they are one of the most fun bands around, that's usually what I seem to hear. Total rock & roll party.

I reckon they should bring over another international band that never comes here (Poison or Def Leppard or someone) and have a local hard rock band as support. Teargas would do well for a Kiss crowd. So would Nobody's Fool from Sydney (I downloaded one of their songs, it rocked!).

Kiss supporting Dungeon would be funny. I can imagine Lord Tim before the show - now remember YOU'RE supporting US. No pyrotechnics, no guitar rockets, no flying out over the crowd, ok?!?

Then Kiss will get kicked off the tour for not taming their show and it will be 1974 all over again.

I caught a bit of them one of the nights I went. Not interested though. I'd rather see a more arena style hard rock band. Big choruses & big guitars type band.