Kiss tour news... you are KIDDING me...

Peter Criss has a double bass attack you wouldnt believe :headbang: Slayer asked him to join, but they told him they only wore makeup in 1983 so he declined.

Alot of his drumming patterns on Kiss' 70s albums are very technical (and alot more technical than the drumming on their '80s albums too). The only difference was that it was based in jazz and rhythm & blues as opposed to hard rock so it didn't suit Kiss as well and they rock alot harder with the two Eric's. But his actual drumming was excellent back then... there's alot more to good drumming than being fast or using double kick.

But I agree that these days he just totally sucks balls full stop and can't play anymore. And also I do agree obviously that the 2 Erics are better drummers, and I prefer their hard rock style too. But Peter was definitely a good drummer at the time...

I know you love Kiss, so we shall end this here once and for all *Pulls out Samurai sword*

I do love Kiss but this isn't even a biased opinion because I hate Peter Criss and personally don't even like his drumming style ever. However I just acknowledge that he was a talented drummer back in the day. Sometimes when I listen to his drum patterns on the old stuff its alot more complex than you think.

Yep Creatures Of The Night definitely that one of the best drum sounds of all time! I love it!

Eric Carr really gave Kiss the kick up the ass it needed to rock really hard!

I'll be standing in front of him in the queue when we go to enlist, Xena :lol:

And for the record I agree. Much as I prefer KISS with Eric Carr (and to a lesser extent Singer) behind the kit, Peter was an important part of their vintage sound. Listen to his playing on the early stuff, eg the fill in the chorus of Cold Gin, his John Bonham impression on Larger Than Life and most of the Dressed To Kill album and you'll find some pretty damn unique drumming.

Crabby, I don't think drugs have anything to do with it. Peter is 58 now and I think he has arthritis, so he'd have a hard time keeping up.

W

How much of early Kiss did Peter actually play on, though? I know he didn't play on any of Unmasked (all hail the mighty Anton Fig!), but that's like the last make-up era album people mention anyway. :)

He played on everything up till '78. He only played one track on Dynasty though and nothing on Unmasked. But before those 2 he played it all.

Yeah some of "Ace's" lead guitar on the '70s albums was guest musicians but the majority of it was him. However like with Peter, he didn't play much on Unmasked coz Paul did alot of those solos himself, he didn't do much on The Elder, and didn't play a note on Creatures Of The Night.

Ace also didn't play on "Sweet Pain" from Destroyer (that was Dick Wagner) and the studio side of Alive II apart from his own track "Rocket Ride". Bob Kulick and Rick Derringer did the honours on the rest of it.

W

Here we go. Not the list I remember seeing years ago, but one that at least has some info on it:

http://www.kissfaq.com/reference/song_who.html

While KISS is generally accepted to be Gene Simmons (Bass/Vocals), Paul Stanley (Rhythm Guitar/Vocals), Ace Frehley (Lead Guitar/Vocals), and Peter Criss (Drums/Vocals), the band stopped listing who played what with 1975's "Dressed To Kill" album and simply presented themselves as a unit. With replacement members, the same continued: Eric Carr (Drums/Vocals), Vinnie Vincent (Lead Guitar), Mark St. John (Lead Guitar), Bruce Kulick (Lead Guitar/Vocals), and Eric Singer (Drums/Harmonica/Backing Vocals). However, from the band's first album, players outside of the band appeared on their recordings, and before long members started inter-changing instruments for one reason or another. This section attempts to track the material recorded with members using non-primary instruments and non-band member contributions.

KISS (1974)
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]Nothin' To Lose - Bruce Foster on Piano[/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]HOTTER THAN HELL (1974)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]No substitutions/extras currently known [/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]DRESSED TO KILL (1975)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]Ladies In Waiting - Gene Simmons on guitar
C'mon And Love Me - Paul Stanley guitar solo[/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]DESTROYER (1976)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]Beth - New York Philarmonic Orchestra
Great Expectations - New York Philarmonic Orchestra, Dick Wagner on rhythm guitar
Detroit Rock City - Paul and Ace share lead guitar, Bob Ezrin as news-reader
Flaming Youth - Dick Wagner on rhythm guitar and backing vocals
Sweet Pain - Dick Wagner on lead and rhythm guitar
God Of Thunder - David and Josh Ezrin as kiddie voices[/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]ROCK AND ROLL OVER (1976)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]See You In Your Dreams - Gene Simmons on rhythm guitar
I Want You - Paul Stanley on lead guitar
Ladies Room - Gene Simmons on guitar
Hard Luck Woman - Paul Stanley on acoustic 12 string guitar[/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]LOVE GUN (1977)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]I Stole Your Love - Paul and Ace share lead guitar
Christine Sixteen - Gene Simmons on guitar and piano
Love Gun - Paul Stanley on bass
Got Love For Sale - Gene Simmons on guitar
Plaster Caster - Gene Simmons on guitar
Almost Human - Gene Simmons on rhythm guitar
Then She Kissed Me - Paul Stanley on lead guitar[/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]ALIVE II SIDE 4 (1977)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]All American Man - Bob Kulick on lead guitar
Rockin' In The USA - Bob Kulick on lead guitar
Larger Than Life - Bob Kulick on lead guitar
Rocket Ride - Ace Frehley on bass
Any Way You Want It - Bob Kulick on lead guitar[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-2]Note: The KISS box set details that Rick Derringer played on "Larger Than Life". However, Rick's official discography omits this alleged contribution, while including his later work with the band...[/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]DOUBLE PLATINUM (1978)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]No substitutions/extras currently known, though suspected! [/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]DYNASTY (1979)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]I Was Made For Lovin' You - Anton Fig on drums, Vini Poncia on keyboards & vocals
2,000 Man - Anton Fig on drums, Ace Frehley on bass
Sure Know Something - Anton Fig on drums, Paul Stanley on guitar solo, Vini Poncia on vocals
Magic touch - Anton Fig on drums, Paul Stanley on bass
Hard Times - Anton Fig on drums, Ace Frehley on bass
X-Ray Eyes - Anton Fig on drums
Charisma - Anton Fig on drums
Save Your Love - Anton Fig on drums, Ace Frehley on bass[/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]UNMASKED (1980)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]Is That You? - Anton Fig on drums, Paul Stanley on guitar solo
Shandi - Anton Fig on drums, Tom Harper on bass, Holly Knight on keyboards, Paul Stanley on lead guitar
Talk To Me - Anton Fig on drums, Ace Frehley on bass
Naked City - Anton Fig on drums, Bob Kulick on lead & rhythm guitar
What Makes The World Go 'Round - Anton Fig on drums, Paul Stanley on guitar solo
Tomorrow - Anton Fig on drums, Paul Stanley on bass
Two Sides Of The Coin - Anton Fig on drums, Ace Frehley on bass
She's So European - Anton Fig on drums
Easy As It Seems - Anton Fig on drums, Paul Stanley on bass and guitar solo
Torpedo Girl - Anton Fig on drums, Ace Frehley on bass
You're All That I Want - Anton Fig on drums, Gene Simmons on rhythm guitar[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-2]Note: Vini Poncia plays keyboards, precussion, and sings backing vocals throughout the album...[/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]MUSIC FROM "THE ELDER" (1981)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]A World Without Heroes - Paul Stanley on lead guitar
Dark Light - Ace Frehley on bass
Escape From The Island - Bob Ezrin on bass
I - Allan Schwartzberg on drums
Odyssey - Tony Powers on keyboards
Only You - Gene Simmons on rhythm guitar[/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]KILLERS (1982)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]Nowhere To Run - Bob Kulick on lead guitar
Partners In Crime - Bob Kulick on lead guitar, Paul Stanley on bass
Down On Your Knees - Bob Kulick on lead guitar, Paul Stanley on bass
I'm A Legend Tonight - Bob Kulick on lead guitar, Paul Stanley on bass[/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]CREATURES OF THE NIGHT (1982)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]Creatures Of The Night - Paul Stanley on bass, Steve Ferris on lead guitar, Adam Mitchell on guitar
I Still Love You - Eric Carr on bass, Robben Ford on lead guitar
War Machine - Gene Simmons on rhythm guitar[/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]LICK IT UP (1983)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]Exciter - Rick Derringer on guitar solo[/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]ANIMALIZE (1984)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]Thrills In The Night - Jean Beauvoir on bass & backing vocals
Get All You Can Take - Jean Beauvoir on bass & backing vocals
Under The Gun - Jean Beauvoir on bass & backing vocals
Heaven's On Fire - Paul Stanley on bass
I've Had Enough - Paul Stanley on bass
Lonely Is The Hunter - Bruce Kulick on guitar solo
Murder In High Heels - Bruce Kulick on guitar[/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]ASYLUM (1985)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]Tears Are Falling Paul Stanley on bass
Uh! All Night - Jean Beauvoir on bass[/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]CRAZY NIGHTS (1987)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]Hell Or High Water - Bruce Kulick on bass[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-2]Note: Both Phil Ashley and Paul Stanley perform keyboards on the album. Tom Kelly sings backing vocals...[/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]SMASHES, THRASHES & HITS (1988)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]No substitutions/extras currently known [/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]HOT IN THE SHADE (1989)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]Rise To It - Paul Stanley on slide guitar
Little Caesar - Eric Carr on bass/vocals, Bruce Kulick on all guitars
Forever - Bruce Kulick on bass, Phil Ashley on keyboards
Hide Your Heart - Phil Ashley on keyboards
Silver Spoon - Charlotte Crossley, Valerie Pinkston, and Kim Edwards-Brown on backing vocals
Cadillac Dreams - Pat Regan and Paul Stanley on 'brass'
You Love Me To Hate You - Kevin Valentine is rumored to play drums[/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]REVENGE (1992)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]Domino - Gene Simmons on rhythm guitar
Every Time I Look At You - Bruce Kulick on bass, Paul Stanley on acoustic guitar
Carr Jam 1981 - Eric Carr on rhythm guitar
Take It Off - Kevin Valentine is rumored to play drums[/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]CARNIVAL OF SOULS (1995)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]I Will Be There - Bruce Kulick on bass
Rain - Bruce Kulick on bass
Master & Slave - Bruce Kulick on bass
Jungle - Bruce Kulick on bass
It Never Goes Away - Bruce Kulick on bass
I Walk Alone - Bruce Kulick on bass & lead vocals
In The Mirror - Bruce Kulick on bass[/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]PSYCHO CIRCUS (1998)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]Psycho Circus - Paul Stanley on lead guitar
We Are One - Paul Stanley on Bass, Gene Simmons on guitar
I Finally Found My Way - Paul Stanley on bass, Shelly Berg on acoustic piano, Bob Ezrin on Fender Rhodes
I Pledge Allegiance - Paul Stanley on bass on chorus & lead guitar
Raise Your Glasses - Paul Stanley lead guitar
Within - Bruce Kulick on intro
Journey Of 1,000 Years - Shelly Berg on acoustic piano[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-2]Note: It's pretty obvious that there are other players on the album, possibly including Bruce Kulick, Curt Cuomo, Tommy Thayer and Kevin Valentine. However, nothing has been substantiated...[/size][/font]

[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=+1]DETROIT ROCK CITY OST (1999)[/size][/font]
[font=VERDANA,ARIAL][size=-1]Nothing Can Keep Me From (Puking On) You - Bruce Kulick on Bass, Steve Ferrone on Drums[/size][/font]

WOW~! Thanks Spiff.

A few things.. I'm surprised to see Bob Kulick playing so much. I'm kinda surprised to see Gene playing so little bass. Who is Anton Fig?