Kiss tour

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Promoter: KISS To Team Up With LIMP BIZKIT For Australian Tour - Jan. 14, 2004

Australian concert-promotion agency Andrew McManus Presents has confirmed via its web site that KISS and LIMP BIZKIT will be teaming up for a tour Down Under this spring (as first reported here earlier in the week). Exact cities and dates will be announced soon.

It is believed that KISS' tour of Australia will coincide with their announced opening of a "Kiss World" store in Melbourne in April. A tour of Japan and additional dates in the U.S. are expected to take place later in the year.

Eww. What would possibly possess any promoter to think putting Limp Bizkit with Kiss would be a good idea?

It's a good idea. Thanks to The Who, Limp Bizkit will sell a shit load of tickets to stoopid people. After the gig most of those will end up becoming Kiss fans. Thus Gene makes moo mooney.

That is indeed a great idea Sydo :)

However its gonna suck for Limp Bizkit. Only a small percentage of the arena will be there to see Limp Bizkit (how many Limp Bizkit fans would pay the price of a Kiss show to see Limp Bizkit play a support set?) so they'll be playing to a half empty arena, only to be followed by Kiss rock a packed house and convert half their fans into Kiss fans who a few months later will probably pretend they never liked Limp Bizkit...

That's the stupidest thing I ever heard of. Why bother with a support act at all if they're going to use Limp Dicks? Are Kiss going through that much of a crisis that they have to put on lame, yesterday's-news bands as support acts to make them feel better about themselves? D-uhmb!

Goreripper said:
That's the stupidest thing I ever heard of. Why bother with a support act at all if they're going to use Limp Dicks? Are Kiss going through that much of a crisis that they have to put on lame, yesterday's-news bands as support acts to make them feel better about themselves? D-uhmb!
i think that's exactly what it is Goreripper....KISS won't want to share their stage with someone who might put on a better show than them!

i'm sure i'll still end up getting tickets...just have to stay in hte bar while the support band plays

that was in another thread MMM. I don't know which band is worse - Kiss or Limp Bizkit. Both should die.

I'm guessing they'll have an Aussie act as well. And I'm ready to bet a fair amount of someone else's money that Limp Bizkit get quite a few boos from the crowd.

Yeah it will be like the Slayer/Machine Head or Pantera/COC things where they had an Aussie support act as well I'm guessing.

And I'd bet there will be quite a few boos too :D

I find this to be very funny for some reason:

Australian concert promoter Andrew McManus has taken the unusual step of addressing fan concerns over the pairing of KISS and LIMP BIZKIT for an Australian tour this spring.

The following is a letter sent by Andrew on behalf of his company, Andrew McManus Presents, to Australian KISS fans who have protested LIMP BIZKIT's inclusion on the bill:

"Dear KISS Fan, I appreciate your input and thoughts in regard to having LIMP BIZKIT on the bill with KISS on the forthcoming Australian tour. The reasons why I am keen to using LIMP BIZKIT on the next Australian tour are mentioned below, and after reading and absorbing my reasons, I would hope that you agree with me that this is a good idea and that you will support me in the up coming promotion.

"Why is it a good idea to invite LIMP BIZKIT onto the Australian tour with KISS???

"1) LIMP BIZKIT's addition will force the ticket price down so all fans can see both bands at a ticket price never previously experienced by KISS fans in Australia before, enabling you the KISS fan to pay less than any time previous tour.

"2) We will be doubling security and putting in V barriers to stop all moshing and any rowdy behavior.

3) Anyone slam dancing will be removed with all patrons made aware of the NO Tolerance to this issue form the start.

4) LIMP BIZKIT will play first, so any KISS fans that do not want to be part of the show at this stage do not need to be in attendance. By the time KISS come on stage the die hard [LIMP BIZKIT] fan will have already seen their band and be in a good frame of mind to then see the Greatest Rock Band In The World and then like you, see what the rest of the world are talking about and become a new KISS fan.

"5) What this tour does is give Fred Durst (LIMP BIZKIT lead singer) the opportunity to confront the family of Jessica Michalik, who tragically died in an incident last time his band was in Australia, and with your support, this can happen.

"So, not only do you get to see two of the worlds great bands for a ticket price a lot less than KISS fans would normally be asked to pay, but for all the reasons given above, I feel that this mix will bring together a conglomerate of fans who will be asked to respect each other right from the get go, and in turn enjoy one of the great concerts on the Australian calendar of 2004. Please feel free to email my web site at [url]www.ampresents.com[/url] for any further information or up dates."