Kissology

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Okay, so I tend to keep this under my hat (such is the emberrasment that their career has become) but I was a KISS fanatic for years as a kid. I went to two reunion shows, but have since grown just as annoyed with them as I was in, say, the 80s period. I don't even own any of their CDs anymore, and that's saying something....because I used to have tons of KISS stuff, and I could probably beat ANY of you at Kiss trivia (sad, I know). BUT, this new DVD....I will buy. Some of you old-schoolers might be interested. It contains four complete shows recorded between 74 and 77....Being the collecter I was, I actually had bootlegs of all of the full shows on this (but don't anymore), and I can tell you that, at least, they will remind some of you why KISS was truly great at one time.....
http://www.flashenhanced.com/mtv/kissology/kissology.htm

Last, I think I'm gonna go see Paul Stanely when he plays the Fillmore for old time's sake....he's announced dates for his solo tour. He's the only one I can stomache anymore, and hey, he'll probably do a few tunes off his 78 solo album, which was the best of them (despite what the Ace crowd says).

That will be a must have DVD. I dont go crazy buying Kiss stuff for the same reasons im sure... but that period of Kiss especially the 77 era is awesome. It will be great piece of nostalgia to have that era on DVD. :headbang:

Electronicoil said:
I've never really been that into KISS, but I'll buy this. Sounds like a good time.

Early Kiss (of course I was quite young) was the whole of my musical taste for some few years, give or take. But I can still attest to the fact that shows from this period are pure dynamite. Good songs, ridiculous energy, and cool theatrics. I've you've never seen them jump around like maniacs in their younger days, you are missing a very cool rock and roll experience. Plus, Peter Criss was actually a great drummer in his day, hard to believe as that may be now. Of all the "rock stars" who've lost a step, that man has lost the most. In fact, he lost all his steps and is basically standing still and staring at the wall dumbly compared to the old days.....

I'm not interested. I too was a huge fan but since the "never ending farewell" tour lead to the "never ending Pyscho Circus" tour, I washed my hands of them. I love Gene's new show, it's entertaining and I'm curious about Paul's solo album, but this?! Nah. I have enough bootlegs from those eras or bootlegs of that exact material to say "pass..."

Okay I liked Destroyer and Creatures of THe Night besides that I could not get into kiss at all. I thought CotN was an awesome album and always wondered why I felt that album was so superior. Psycho Circus had a couple kick ass tracks. The albums they did with Eric Carr and Eric Singer were okay too, wait I didnt realize it but i guess I do like alot more of Kiss's stuff then i thought. Mmmmm who wouldve thought. Anyway Creatures rocked.

I would love to see them release a whole catalogue of full pro-shot concerts from all eras! The only 2 tours that I don't know of any pro-shot concerts existing from are Lick It Up (seen 2 handheld ones though) and Asylum...

I have a cool Crazy Nights show from Philadelphia, short setlist and totally scaled back show, but Stanley is great especially with his song introductions!

On the other hand, I have a great Hot In The Shade show from Detroit where suddenly the setlist was twice as long (22/23 songs), love that stageshow coz it has so much different stuff that isn't in other tours, and they sound tight as too! And open with I Stole Your Love! Lots of klassic Kiss back in the setlist for that tour...

This just may well wash the taste of their Rock The Nation DVD right out of my mouth (God, what an awful performance!).

I'll be glad to see some quality footage of the bootlegs that I have/had. If anything, this has Mr. $immon$'s hand print all over it - he's probably sick of losing all the money to the bootleggers and those who also have rights to this material and finally pulled his head out of his ass to release this material. Sad to see that the Kiss Destroys Anaheim show won't be on here, but the HBO Special will be. :headbang: :kickass:

sixxswine said:
What did you expect?! It wasn't the real band behind the paint!!!!!

That's not what I was referring to. I was referring to the fact that it was just a bad performance - I know these guys can do much better. Gene's voice sounded horrible and the rest of the band just seemed to be off their game that night.

With any luck, on Volume Two, we'll see the infamous Maine show video from the Dynasty tour where Peter Criss starts laughing during his performance of Beth!

I reckon Volume 2 will have Largo '79, Sydney '80, Rio '83 and maybe one more from between those years... and the performance on Fridays of 3 songs off The Elder (the only ever live performance of Elder material), probably TV footage from the '80 Australian tour, the 2 promo clips off Dynasty, the Shandi video clip, the 2 other Unmasked video clips they made for Australia (Talk To Me & Is That You), hopefully both versions of the "I" video clip (I've never seen either! The only 2 Kiss clips I haven't seen), and I would love to see some non-Brazil footage from the Creatures era too coz you don't see much of that!