Klassic Kerrang! Interviews

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
"Klassic Kerrang Interviews, the home of Kerrang Interviews from the glory day's of Melodic Rock, Metal & AOR.

The years covered are from 1983 to 1996, and the bands covered range from multi-million selling household names, to obscure bands with a cult following."

http://klassickerranginterviews.weebly.com/index.html

I meant to post this in the lounge. Feel free to move there if more appropriate...

I've still got dozens of issues of Kerrang! from about 1983-1988 or so. What a great magazine that was back then....it introduced me to a *lot* of great music.

I LOVED the old Kerrang! magazine. For you youngsters, LONG before there was the internet, there were US mags like Hit Parader & Circus. Most of the time, these rags catered to popular metal here in the States. Kerrang! is what got me hooked on a LOT of bands. I think the first one I ever bought had Ian Gillan on the cover...
Used to read those religiously, and always anticipated the local record store getting the next issue in.....Cool link, thanks for posting!

Man, nothing came close to Kerrang! back in the day. I still remember the first issue I ever got back in 1985 (had Ratt on the cover, and also a review of the Knebworth festival). That was my bible for music through high school and college. I got turned onto tons of cool bands through that magazine. Thanks for that link!

I have a collection of these all bagged and boarded like comics and of course in magazine boxes. My earliest issues is number #4.
I wish I had time to contribute to this site, maybe in the future. It does sound like it could be a cool site though.

Great idea for a site. And the vintage issues early/mid 80s were definitely the goods. Learned about plenty of obscure metal bands from them. Have alot of the first 50 issues, wish I had all of them.

The admin of the site posts to the www.melodicrock.com notice board with weekly updates...

"Over the last 2 months i've been busy scaning interviews for the site, in all, I scanned 2277 pages, which has given a total of 867 separate Interviews, with a few festival reviews as well. My aim is to upload five new interviews each week on a Monday.

Along with the Interviews, I have included a Biography for each band, which most of the time I have taken from Wikipedia. Also included are Youtube videos, and links to the bands official website.

I have ported over all the Interviews from the old Blog, and they have all been updated with Youtube videos and Bio's."

The following interviews have been added to the site.
* Warrant - November 1990
* Angel - Mega Metal Glam Special
* Thunder - September 1995
* Twisted Sister - September 1987
* Spread Eagle - February 1993
* AC/DC - September 1995
* Badlands - May 1989
* Lillian Axe - August 1991
* Magnum - December 1988
* Metallica - December 1984
* Aldo Nova - November 1983
* Bad English - 1989 (Unknown Month)