Know more about Enchant

|ngenius

Little Grasshopper
Nov 16, 2001
Barcelona
Visit site
Well, I'm not new into Enchant, but I wanna get deeper into their music and pay attention to songs that maybe I dismissed at the beginning, so let's see what the people say about it. First question: which's the best Enchant album in your opinion? And, if you're that kind, can you bring us your top five? I'll try so myself:

1) Best Album: Blueprint Of The World (followed closely by "Juggling...")

2) Top Five:

- The Thirst
- Acquaitance
- Paint The Picture
- What To Say
- Black Eyes & Broken Glass

I assume that a top five might change depending on which album you're listening to, your preferences, the moment of your life, and so on, but... this is just to have fun and know more about this band. Thanks in advance. :)

|ngenius.

Best Album: Blink of an Eye

Favorite 5 (in no particular order)

Enchanted
Under Fire
Prognosis
Seeds of Hate
Colors Fade

Honorable Mentions: King, My Gravel Hand, Juggling Knives, Oasis, Monday, Blind Sided, Interact, The Thirst....must....stop......listing...........songs!

Favourite album: A Blueprint of the World (with Break, Blink of an Eye and Tug of War all fighting for second place!)

Favourite 5 songs: (nearly impossible to compile)
- At Death´s Door
- Nighttime Sky
- Sinking Sand
- Prognosis
- My Enemy

Honorable Mentions: Catharsis, Enchanted, Fade 2 Grey, Mettle Man, The Cross, Bite my Tongue, Traces, Under Fire, Seeds of Hate, My Everafter, Hold the Wind...

Best Album: A Blueprint Of The World (with Break/Tug Of War being second best)

Favourite five songs:

Uuh, very difficult... let's see:

1) The Thirst (that one's easy, it started the whole Enchant thing for me nearly ten years ago...)
2) Acquaintance (one of the finest ballads in rock history, a true classic)
3) Enchanted (the original and the acoustic version)
4) My Enemy
5) Rough Draft (I LOVE the chorus)

I didn't name any songs from the last two albums because I prefer to wait a couple of years before deciding whether I regard a song as one of my personal favourites or not. It's quite possible that a couple of songs from Blink or Tug will enter that list some day, though.

'Tug of War' is a great record, btw - IMHO the best since 'Break'.
A thousand thanks to Enchant, see you on your European tour (already...got...my...ticket - yeah!)!!!

Favourite album: Blink of an Eye

5 fav.songs:

1. The Thirst
2. Fade to grey
3. Rough Draft
4. Follow the Sun
5. Monday

Very hard to pick just 5. I love so many of their songs. Besides I didn't mention any of the new album yet, but I'm sure soem of my favourites will be on TOW too. I need a few more listens to really know songs.

keeper of the flame said:
Besides I didn't mention any of the new album yet, but I'm sure soem of my favourites will be on TOW too.

In fact, that's actually a point to be stressed. There's Sinking Sand included into a top five above of this post, it's specially meaningful to see a recent song being classified as one of the best pieces Enchant ever made, that means that the quality remains. :)

|ng.

Well, yes. Another point is that throughout this forum, all albums are rated differently, everyone has another order of favourite albums/songs.
I believe this shows that there is no "best" Enchant album, but that each one is great and quite unique in its style.

IMHO Enchant's biggest achievement is not only the wonderful debut, but the constant release of outstanding albums over a course of nearly ten years.

Keep up the great work, guys!

Yeah, I found it kinda predictable, that's why I started this thread, because I knew that people can acquire a general view of the band by comparing their own "best of" with others. The main purpose here is to know about songs you didn't pay attention to. ;)

|ngenius.

This is tough. I think a top 10 would be a lot easier for me, but it is like the NCAA basketball tournament, where there are always bubble songs, and they could change each day, depending on mood.

Favorite Album: Tug of War (It is the freshest, and it is the everything and the kitchen sink Enchant CD. All previous CD styles are visited. All songs are awesome)

Top 5 in any order:
Paint the Picture
Acquaintance
Comatose
Invisible
Below Zero (Live at Nearfest)

4 songs on the Bubble:
Sinking Sand
Monday
The Thirst
What to Say

Best Album: Juggling 9 Or Dropping 10 (BY FAR!)

Top Five Enchant Songs:
1. Pure (Why hasn't anyone mentioned it before???)
2. Juggling Knives
3. Rough Draft
4. Bite My Tongue
5. Under Fire

Honorable Mention: Tug Of War (might move up, great song), Distractions, Enchanted, Follow The Sun, Traces.

I know I forgot alot but...my list proves Paul Craddick was crucial.

Rob

uggg... these are always so hard to do, but I'll give it a shot! :p

Classic album: Bluprint of The World
Best album: all the other albums :Spin:

Favorite songs: Acquantance
Oasis
Below Zero
Missing
Blind Sided
Silence
Juggling Knives
Under Fire
My Ever After

To be honest, it's a pain in the ass to pick only a few good song, especially off the first two albums and "Time Lost"... those albums are seriously sentamental and timeless classics for me.

I still have my signed "Time Lost" copy from the Fremont,CA show (Enchant opening for Fates Warning) which seemd like yesterday, but was many years ago. How time flies...but yes, they were good times indeed!

I think it's time for us to make another trip out for another LIVE Enchant show... 6 years is far to long to go between seeing them live. :D

\m/
Dustin

You can bend slightly the rules and make up a nice top twenty, guys, don't hesitate. ;) My top five would increase with wonderful songs like "Comatose", "Progtology", "Sinking Sand" or "Beautiful", this new album is a fuckin' masterpiece!

|ngenius.

Ok, here goes....in alpha order....except for #1

COMATOSE

Acquaintance
At Death’s Door
Enchanted
Fade 2 Grey
Follow the Sun
Juggling Knives
Mettle Man
My Enemy
My Everafter