Kontakt 4 Multi Out Problem!

FredBarkley85

New Metal Member
Jan 26, 2012
Hey guys! I just tried programming drums with Kontakt4 and SSD 3.5 but I got some probs with the output routing in Cubase 5.
I know that I have to open Kontakt and activate all outputs in the VST instruments panel (F11) in Cubase.
Then I load a drumkit in Kontakt(for example the big fatty kit).
When I click on the output mixer icon there is no RESET OUTPUT MAP or MAKE DEFAULT button like it is explained in the SSD 3.5 manual...
Any ideas? I really need to fix this problem to activate the multi outputs...

problemhk.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

I have this same problem. I used to use kontakt 3.5 and 4 to trigger SSD and sturgis' cymbals respectively, but now I load it all through K4. When I create/load an instrument, I create a new output path and just set it up on whatever plugin channels I want for outboard like any other instrument. Then when I'm creating aux channels I can just delete whichever ones aren't used. The path is a little crude, but it works for me. I use logic 9 as well so if you need help I may be able to help you out a little more in-depth.

Oh my gosh...it's gettin worse...
I just tried to open some of my cubase projects and it seems that every file is maipulated!
Every kontakt 4 vst routing is crashed and the instruments are dancing totally crazy in the panorama...
Just bought SSD EX 4.0. The SSD Sampler VST just disappears if I try to re-open a project.
There are so many errors related to Kontakt 4 and SSD Sampler when I open a project.... I lose track of it...
Please, if anybody has an idea, let us know...
I am really desperate right now!

If you're having those kinds of errors with SSD4, you probably didn't download the latest updated archives. I had that problem too. Kontakt and SSD4 really isn't that hard to work with, just read the manual a couple times and experiment in your DAW. Here's a good video tutorial on kontakt 3 multi-out that is pretty synonymous with kontakt 4 (save for creating your own out channels): http://youtu.be/ROCGKsW62YA

I have been using the Kontakt player with Joeys Cymbal pack, this is somewhat unrelated but. After a few hours of soloing instruments (Looking for what is making a glitch sound) every 10 seconds or so. Ive realized it is just the cymbals ( i run every drum through kontakt) ive changed buffers and other settings they are still there. I have 4 gigs of RAM and the cpu meter never surpasses 50% Any ideas?