Kontakt 5 - Settings reset themselves after Start, Stop, Rewind

StrangerInMyBed

New Metal Member
Feb 19, 2012
Hey guys,
I downloaded the Kontakt 5 player to try out the Chango samples that I bought. I built a multi, saved it and set it as default. Now I started a new project in Cubase, imported a midi drum file and set Kontakt as output. But everytime I change something, like the volume of the kick drum and snare, it immediately changes back to default everytime I stop, start or rewind. I've encountered that problem with many plugins from time to time but never knew how to solve it. Does any of you guys know a fix?

It's been awhile since I've used kontakt but I do know there's a way to fix this, try looking around the MIDI controller menus I know there's an area where you can check or unchecked volume control inside kontakt that's how I did it. Also sometimes this happens to me when I use superior drummer and this is because the MIDI has it written spmewhere, in reaper sometimes when i drag and drop a guitar pro drum MIDI export I have to view in event list format and there's a spot labeled volume somewhere in the beginning so I'll change it to 127 otherwise everytime I stop rewind and play it will play at -4 volume or something.

kontakt player does not allow you to build multis with unlicensed nki files. it only plays licensed native instruments libraries.

in order to load and play unlicensed nki like chango or sturgis libraries, you must use the full version of kontakt. not the free player.

hope this helps.

Thanks guys, the limitations of the Kontakt player are a huge problem, too. But I found the solution for this specific problem; the midi file had some data written in it which fucked with the settings of the plugin. Deleted that data via right-click and now everythings working as it should.