Kontakt 5.5 causing 101 Blue Screens?

Nov 6, 2005
i keep getting secondary processor timeouts/101 blue screens when running Kontakt 5 on my new PC. I believe I had 5.4 on my old one (I only did the update when libraries would require it, because of bad experiences with system bugs in Kontakt), but did the update when I installed my new system. I ran prime95 for hours perfectly, and couldn't reproduce the error in FruityLoops, including running kontakt in a brand new session and stressing it heavily. However, if I load up an old session created by my previous system, it dies with a few minutes. I also downloaded the reaper trial which blue screened my system immediately, however I can run Adobe Audtion 2 without an issue. FruityLoops 11 runs fine under a heavy load, I haven't downloaded 12 since I am still mid project (the old system died after recording DIs).

I couldn't find an example of this on Google, and wasn't sure if anyone else had this issue previously. It seems to be specific to Kontakt regarding the multithread handling, but fl11 multithreads and works fine. I don't know why reaper was effected, and have since deleted it. I am about to remove all windows updates, update bios, and then reinstall win7 if those fail. Anything else I should look for/at?

http://www.memtest86.com/

test your ram. i had blue screens opening one session and was at a loss and super pissed off until i found this and tested my ram and even narrowed it down to the exact ram stick that it was by removing all the ram and testing one stick at a time. error list a mile long.

good luck.

http://www.memtest86.com/

test your ram. i had blue screens opening one session and was at a loss and super pissed off until i found this and tested my ram and even narrowed it down to the exact ram stick that it was by removing all the ram and testing one stick at a time. error list a mile long.

good luck.

+1

It might seem like a pain in the ass to test your memory (having to boot from it and let it run for a while) but it's definitely worth it. Now if only my Profire 610 stopped giving me bsod's :bah:

Just in case anyone finds this thread in a search in the future, the issue was with the cpu. When I was disabling multithreading, it was sometimes working because it wasn't accessing one of the failing modules/cores.