logic express 7.2 shuts down computer- intel imac

beyond dead

heavy metal dad \m/
Sep 26, 2007
peterborough, ontario, canada
the initial issue was syncing a spdif preamp with my firepod. the blue light on the fp indicated that everything was cool, and i was able to set levels with the 8 input on the fp, but when i record enabled a track from input 9 or 10, all inputs had no sound, and the levels on the mixer were dancing around crazily. i`m recording at 48kHz 24 bit. using firepod control to sync to spdif
ive successfully used this setup like this before without a problem.
eventually i was unable to load the session, and my computer is shut down repeatedly
not one similar issue on presonus web page, i tried to search apple support page, but it crashes safari constantly. other websites such as facebook are fine
-downloaded firewire driver update
- power cycled all hardware (pre logic crashing)
-reset pram and smc
-tried in new user, same issue with safari and logic
- uninstalled, and reinstalled logic express
-repair disk permissions: no repair needed
-ran hardware test: passed
should i re-install???? would archive not preserving cut it? i could back up and ERASE AND INSTALL, but id rather not
should i delete driver update?
ive exhausted myself troubleshooting this, does anyone have any insight???
thanks!!!!!

cpu meter shows that levels aren`t that high, i only had 4 plugs running. not sure why i can`t get results from the apple support page, i can watch youtube vids ect. i did an archive+install last night so i will have to see if that resolved the issue when i get home tonight. i`m gonna try my hardware on another mac tommorrow if the issue persists. man this sucks, my mac has worked without a problem for over a year, and im in the middle of a session!!! how convenient!!! anyone ever have a similar issue???? anyone run a similar setup????