KORN guitarist James Shaffer believes Hitler went to heaven

Originally posted by FrostGiant
An athiest has no chance of getting into heaven cuz you have to believe that Jesus was the son of God. Not believing is the one sin that is unforgivable. It's in the bible somewhere. Don't ask me where but I was in the same basic conversation about a month ago.
That is obvious bullshit to scare people into religion. Religion is SO based on fear.

I really CAN NOT UNDERSTAND how anyone could beleive in half that religious crap! It just seems SO obvious that it isn't true. I think I might have a superiority complex or something. I respect VERY few people and I can't help but think of religous people as less intelligent.

Originally posted by Rusted_in_peace50
yes, according to Poison God if you have a belief system contrary to what your force fed in school then your a dumbass.

Yeah that's right, you know everything about me just because we spoke on aim for a bit and I gave some music to you :rolleyes:

This wasn't even meant to be a religious thread. I thought his logic was a bit ridiculous that is all. "Whatever I believe must be right."

Get your head out of JBauer's ass long enough to formulate a well-constructed argument.

About Religion, I always rather liked the quote by Schopenhauer, that "Religion is the metaphysics of the masses". Religion gives the sheep heaven, in order for the masses to forget about the eternal suffering that is life. Well I will stop as I can tell my philosophical ego is starting to flare up.
Anyone ever read The Brothers Karamazov, by Dostoevski? Well he has awonderful indictment of religion that is quite famous in the chapter called the Grand Inquisitor, everyone I implore you to read this chapter online- it speaks truths rarely spoken.

Originally posted by Poison God

Yeah that's right, you know everything about me just because we spoke on aim for a bit and I gave some music to you :rolleyes:

This wasn't even meant to be a religious thread. I thought his logic was a bit ridiculous that is all. "Whatever I believe must be right."

Get your head out of JBauer's ass long enough to formulate a well-constructed argument.
I think he was talking about me :)

haha actually,most of you above make as silly statements as munky's.you know all the answers don't you,"there is no god"...duh,it's just as stupid as saying there is.

So,it's easier for "God" to forgive a murder for taking a human life than it is for him to forgive someone else who just doesn't believe in him.If "God" existed,he'd hate my guts,but he'd welcome someone like Charles Manson into Heaven with open arms?Is that it?If everyone tried to live their life according to "God" and the Bible,it would be illegal to be an athiest but murder would be legal?

Rusted,when jews die,where do they go?If your God loves jewish ppl,then why do you use the term jew so negativley?

A thread that discusses religion and I discovered it this late. Damn. I must visit this place more often.

I just want to start with one question. Who gives a fuck what the next person belives in?? Why bother? It is a waste of time, breath and mind. I say if you want to belive in something, then go ahead and do so, just don't bother me with it okay?? If I leave you alone, you had better leave me alone. And before you start flaming me on ranting about the Bible and God then know this, I have been pestered enough by Christians and whatnot's that present the Bible as their "enlightening" source to last me a lifetime of paying back my dues to Christians and whatnot's

Is it legal to lie? Don't they make you swear on the Bible that "you will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God". They make you swear that on the biggest bullshit story ever made!!!!

Mind you that these are my personal views of the Bible and religion. I am an atheist. There is only one religion in the world that I respect and that is Buddhism. The reason, very simple: find your own calling in life and live up to it.

DND, murder would still be illegal but it is forgivable. And actually according to the christian laws, which I think is sort of what you're talking about, Jews would not go to heaven cuz they don't believe in Jesus Christ (Christianity) as the son of God. They just believe in God. So basically a lot of people are going to hell. :D

BTW, I aint trying to push christianty on anyone. Just answering questions to the best of my ability. Believe what you believe. Doesn't bother me.

I try not to fuck myself up w/complicated belief systems...or belief systems at all.But that's around me a lot-my family,friends,ppl at school and the majority of my schooling was filled w/religion,so I have an opinion about it.I try not to annoy ppl w/my thoughts on what they believe in becuz that gets me in serious conflicts w/damn near everyone.But when the there's a discussion going on about this stuff,it's hard for me not to say anything...and not have almost everyone at odds with me.

Originally posted by Rusted_in_peace50

but even if Hitler had the hand in that, no one is the judge of who goes to heaven or not, but God.

he is absoultely right, this is exactly what christianity teaches (in the Bible, not in churches)

i hate people who pass judgement on someone else's afterlife. "judge not lest ye be judged", that sort of thing

nice post RIP50, even though it SHOULD be common knowledge to anyone who knows a damn thing about christianity

My six hundred-sixty sixth post and I'm talking about Scott Stapp...
That guy is suck a cock...he's trying too hard to bring spirituality into music...music that he doesn't consider Christian rock...all of those Jesus Christ poses just freak me out.The thing about the car accident just bugs me...so his back is bothering,he decides to cancel an entire tour because his back is bothering him...think of all those little Creed fans that he's dissapointing.That faget,Fred Durst was right when he said that Stapp is a "fucking egomaniac".

Hey,about Munky Shcaffer of Korn...he apologizes for his band's hand in unleashing Limp Bizkit onto the world