Krank Rev1 - presence has no effect at all with impulses

Emdprodukt

Member of Dude Castle 69
Jun 26, 2007
Kiel, Germany
Okay, here is my problem:

I have my Krank Rev1 connected to my interface through fx send to use it with impulses. Everything works fine but today I wanted to play with different sounds and realised it doesn't matter how much I turn presence up or down it just has no effect on the sound.

I don't have that problem when it's connected to my cab.

Does presence only work in the poweramp section?

Yeah man Presence is only usable when your using the poweramp.
Im not sure why cuz im not a amp guru but ive had the same thing happen to me, emulated line outs are crap :(
I thot it would be a way to kinda move away from the pod xt but alas its still my source of tone for recording haha
-Scott

i was wondering; do your impulses sound better if you put a load box/hotplate in between and take the line out of that? because then the power section is also being used?

thanks

presence sits in the negative feedback-loop.

that means a small amount of the signal is fed back from the output into the front of the poweramp (negative feedback) this is where the presence and depth pots are located in most amps.

the mesa rectifier in modern mode works w/o the neg. feedback so in that case the pres pot is relocated and actually not a presence control anymore.

or do word it differently: w/o neg feedback the pres and depth is always maxed (hence the low end and high-sizzle of the modern mode on a recto)

i was wondering; do your impulses sound better if you put a load box/hotplate in between and take the line out of that? because then the power section is also being used?

thanks

I don't think so because GuitarHacks Impulses allready ran through the poweramp section of his amp.

so what can I do except for micing up a cab? really don't have the possibility atm. Or do you think I still got enough possibilitys by playing around with "sweep"?