Kreator, Tristania, Orphaned Land show review

wolfrider1

Post Whore
Feb 3, 2005
Mexico city
Time to tell you guys about the show last night.

It was the time to witness a line up that is not usual for us latin american audiences. 3 good bands together, not likely. That’s why this was a fucking blast for me, as a big fan of the 3 bands. First off, I arrived to the venue of the place about half an hour before it started. I was doomed to make the line and get a crappy spot at the venue, but while I was walking my way down to the end of the line, I found some old friends that were stanging really near of the front. Of course I jumped in with them there.
The show was set to start at 19:00. For some reason it took half an hour more to kick off, anyway. The Orphaned Land guys hit the stage. It was a little strange the mood in the audience. Of course most of the people at the show wanted to see Kreator (they were headliners). Most of them were thrash metal fans and are not used to listen to stuff like Orphaned Land or even Tristania, but of course each one of the bands got their good amount of fans singing and getting crazy with every song. I don’t remember all the songs Orphaned Land played because I don’t recognize all of them by name. Later I’ll try o figure out what other songs they played. (I’m missing 3-4 songs on this list). Or maybe Kobi can help me to finish my setlist here. ;) Anyway, I was amazed by the great energy that the band brings on stage. Uri and Eden headbanging all the time (and I mean ALL the time). Yossi always with a smile on his face going from one side of the stage to the other to see all the audience, Matti with a great groove, Avi raging on his drums (I loved his drumming) and Kobi cheering the crowd as much as possible, encouraging us to clap, or raise our hands. During Norra el Norra and Aldiar Al Mukadisa they brought 2 very sexy belly dancers (the one that was at Eden’s side was way hotter, hehe). That caught the attention of the crowd that wasn’t caring about their performance, and after that I could notice some people giving a chance to the guys, listening to them and even starting to headband! I noticed the guys had a great time on stage. I really hope they did, on and off stage at my country. I liked how they make every song different from the album. I mean you can recognize they are playing Norra el Norra or Seasons Unite, but at some point of the song they change it a little to make it sound different. I loved that. To be honest, I was expecting Halo Dies, but later Eden told me they need 2 growling vocalists to perform that song, Kobi and a guest vocalist that helps with the fast growling part. Fair explanation, then I asked Kobi why they didn’t play Beloved’s Cry, and he told me that as it was a ballad, they didn’t think it will fit the moment and the type of crowd, again a fair explanation. Thank you guys for being so nice to me. I really appreciate it!. A little after their performance was over they went out of backstage to share a moment with fans, and I know they won new fans there, because a lot of people gathered around of them asking for a picture or a signature at the concert ticket. Had the oportunity to share some good beers with all the guys. Cheers again brothers! Here’s what I remember of the setlist, in no order, sorry. I suck.

Orphaned Land

Ocean Land
The Kiss of Babylon
Birth of the three
Aldiar Al Mukadisa
Seasons Unite
Norra el Norra

Time for some good gothic metal. And who could be better than Tristania themselves. I have to be totally honest with you guys. When Tristania hit the stage, all the Orphaned Land guys were hanging out with fans (including me), so I didn’t pay much attention to their performance, even so I saw a great mood among the audience, getting really tight and singing their lungs out. I think that a female vocalist makes it all different. I have to say that I enjoy more the stuff done by Morten Veland, but still they gave to the mexican fans a great performance. Here’s the complete setlist.

Tristania

Libre
World of Glass
Beyond the Veil
The Wretched
Tender Trip on Earth
A Sequel of Decay
Circus
Aphelion
Angellore

Holy Majolly! Time for Kreator. Lights went out, the intro Choir of the damned was in the air. I have to say this first. Ventor is a fucking machine! Great drumming from the guy. Really liked his performance. Of course all the crowd went nuts in a second. The opening song, Enemy of God couldn’t fit better. Mille has this tearing and aggressive voice that really brings the beast out of all of us. The setlist was classic, obviously with the addition of the new album songs. He’s a great frontman. He told us... Mexico, Do you know how to kill? Show me your pleasure to... KILL! That was the loudest scream of the night, and then Ventor started his fast drumming, my God... awesome. I had the pleasure to share this song with Kobi headbanging together with me. Highlights of the Kreator setlist: Violent Revolution, Pleasure to Kill followed instantly by Phobia, and Flag of hate followed non-stop by the best song of the night in my opinion.. TORMENTOR! I headbanged my ass off during the last one. Mille is for sure one of the best front man I have every seen. (and I have seen a lot!).

Definitely the best show we mexican metalheads have had during this year, and I doubt anything would top this. Thank you again Orphaned guys for making of this show and unforgettable one for me. You rock!

Kreator

Choir Of The Damned
Enemy Of God
Impossible Brutality
Pleasure To Kill
Phobia
World Anarchy
The Patriarch
Violent Revolution
Terrible Certainty
Extreme Aggression
Betrayer
People Of The Lie
Renewal
Reconquering The Throne
Suicide Terrorist
Voices Of The Dead
Riot Of Violence
All Of The Same Blood (Unity)
Ripping Corpse
Terror Zone

Encore

Love Us Or Hate Us
Flag Of Hate
Tormentor

Almost 5 hours of headbanging, drinking beer, singing and great metal. Only in my dreams.

**Sorry about the length of the review, but as I remember it, I get pumped up again, hehe.

- Robert

hehe thanks nocturnal! I learned English since I was 5 until last high school year. Now I have a degree as English teacher. I practice it a lot here in the forum and in other forums that I post. (all english forums). But thanks... :wave:

yeah man, you can always save money, take a plane and see them. That's what I'm doing to see Maiden this year. As they won't come to Mexico, I'm going to ozzfest. can't miss them this year.

SO, keep the hopes up, you'll get your chance... :cool:

The concert was fenomenal. Orphaned Land more than delivered the goods. Tristania bored me to tears, and Kreator put on a good solid show.

I will give it a try to complete the setlist for Wolfrider:
Ocean Land
El meod na'Ala
The kiss of babylon
Birth of the three
Norra el norra
Ornaments of gold
Of temptation born
and I know I am probably missing a song, but still was very good.

The vibe the band had was just amazing, the way the songs were played, how well they were sung.... just plain unbelievable :worship: . They seemed to have a blast playing, which many bands can't seem to do
Then I got to talk to Kobi and Yossi backstage between tristania and kreator, and Matti enjoying kreator, and they are the nicest guys in the world, really humble and appreciative of people liking their music. I just wish that this vibe would get out to other bands.
Also asked them to play some songs at Progpower, like find yourself discover god, and like fire to water :Spin: seeing that I will also be there... had to take the opportunity...
I just want to thank the guys for such an amazing experience... hope you had fun while in Mexico... and hopefully will see you all at Progpower (including yossi)
all that i say can be summed by doing this... :worship: :worship: :worship:

c ya,
armando

I wonder if they'll bring the extra growlers for Halo Dies for PROGPOWER...

...pretty please.

I NEED TO HEAR THAT SONG LIVE (not just the live mp3 floating around here)

you play beloved's cry there... now I wanna cry...
cry.gif

but, good that you felt like playing one more song for the mexican audience. I'm sure they loved the song in Guadalajara.

SALUD YOSSI!
drunk.gif

What can I tell you...the band where excellent at stage, all the people that didn´t know them before the concert, now are part of the entire heart mexican fans! Every sensations were floting in the atmosphere, every shout was made with all the breath inside of us...seeing them at stage like a strange dream, fighting between all the people to have the best site to see each one, to hear, to jump, to greet them while they were going down the stage :worship: ...Now a remember of greatest concert! and a taste for more...

female fan...of course...and a devoted fan...! metal is my inspiration... this concert...a light inside the darkness...

Yossi a pleasure to met you!...you´re a very good guitarist and a very nice person...you know Mexico will always be with the arms open to you, we aren´t too many metal fans, but we´re that from the heart! Always disposed to deliver our last breath in a concert!!!!