Krister Linder

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
Well, I felt the need to thank KATATONIA for introducing me (and hopefully many others) to Krister Linder. If not for featuring him on the upcoming album, I would never have found this dude on my own probably. So thanks, guys!

That dude is seriously talented. I don't think I have heard any new music that has impressed me as much as his has. This is the kinda stuff I needed to find...something with "awe" factor written all over it...something unique and different - something with real depth and feeling (like Katatonia's music provides.) And since electronic music is probably the genre I listen to the most, it's just even more reason to why I was so impressed by it. And wow...he gave it all for FREE??? He's NUTS!

In any case, as if I needed ONE more reason to look forward to Katatonia's masterpiece haha. Now I'm even more excited to hear what this guy adds to the album ESPECIALLY reading what Mikael pointed out about his contribution. Jonas and Krister...this can only amount to GREATNESS!

People should really check out his tracks "Don't Lose Your Way", "Ghostfriend", "I Love You" and my personal favourite "Before It's All Over" (this is some serious stuff!)

I already cannot find myself stop listening to this...I get zoned out and totally lost in the music. It's eerie, trippy...even magical.

Should also give Trentemøller a listen... not many vocal tracks, but a really smooth organic and dark sound. Listen to "Take Me Into Your Skin", "Miss You (Radio Edit)", "Blood in the Streets", and "The Very Last Resort" if you can.

Hybrid is another good artist, particularly with the album "I Choose Noise". Choke is a great track with some good vocals.

And yes, Krister Linder is fantastic :)

Downloaded 'Songs From The Silent Years' off his webpage, and I'm actually blown away. I first tried to research this mystery friend to katatonia after hearing his work with certain TGCD songs, and heard Enter The Hunt. Hated it after one listen. This solo stuff is fuckin amazing. Reminds me a bit of No-Man

I first heard of him when the July single was released. He's a phenomenal musician. Only problem is that most of his music is ridiculously difficult to find. As Alcapoth mentioned, it's true; he does give his music away for free. I actually emailed him once inquiring about buying Songs From The Silent Years (the cd, not a digital copy), and he was nice enough to send me the album in the mail, without even asking for payment. So I can personally attest to the fact that he's an incredible musician and person.

Along with Songs From The Silent Years, I would also recommend checking out Return To Forever, by Seba. Seba is a drum and bass musician from Sweden and Krister Linder contributed to the song Blaze & Fade Out, found on this album. You can listen to it on Krister's myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/kristerlinder). It's probably my favorite song with him in it, so I'd definately suggest you check it out if you haven't already.

I can't wait to hear what he does on Night Is The New Day!

Moouers, I hope this artist has a myspace. In any case, I will be checking it out for sure! Thanks.

@Brave.Archangel - Haha, yeah...I just couldn't get into Enter the Hunt either. The solo stuff is far and away superior. I don't know, I guess I just didn't get it. Oh, and Steven Wilson's No-Man is it?

M3, will definitely check that page out when I have time later tonight. And man, he sent ya a hard copy for FREE? Ok, he's definitely crazy haha. Well, I guess he just wants to get his music out there...I'm trying to get his stuff out there to as many people as I can. I've been sending out his mp3's to a bunch of people already.

Man, after countless listens now there is just no question...this music is gonna stay in my playlist for quite some time. This stuff just does it for me. The vocals actually are quite reminiscent to Jeff Buckley I had recently noticed. For me, anyway.
What's great about him is that he's totally original...
...and not a SINGLE song is crap. The whole album flows incredibly well and I seem to never want to skip ANY track. That's something rare to find these days.
New standouts for me are Soft King Kong (great chorus!) and Nothing Ever. :)

Enter the hunt was cool, like a cross between "Khoma" (not as dense though), and Australia's "Cog" (Vocally at times). The solo stuff on the other hand was gorgeous!! His voice is so pure, I absolutely adored it, can't wait to listen again. Mixed Blood and Soft King Kong were stand outs!

http://www.myspace.com/trentemoeller

There's a live version of "Take Me Into Your Skin" there and a regular version. Listen to the regular version near the bottom of the playlist. "Miss You" is on there too, listen to the original version. :) Hope this helps.

Dude, that is some seriously impressive music. Thanks man. You don't by any chance have mp3's for those two tracks, do ya? I can't even decide which of the two I like more - they're both fantastic!
(Now, what of this Hybrid???)

I have some AAC files, but they're protected by the stupid world of Apple (got it through iTunes). The version I have of Miss You is not protected, however.

Hybrid does not currently have the songs I suggested on their myspace page, but you can hear samples through iTunes as that is where I purchased them from. The name of the album is "I Choose Noise". The AAC files I have are NOT protected :)

he's so creepy. watch the "nothing ever" music video (if you can) and try to tell me your not creeped out.

Hey, Alcapoth :)
Thank you for the recommendation. I wasn't aware Krister Linder made such nice music. I've been listening to "Songs from the silent years" through his official page and really liked the stuff. I'm hoping to get the album in some special stores near my home. Any other album I should consider?

Question to particularly the Swedish folks here: I want the Enter the Hunt CD "For Life. Til Death. to Hell. with Love.", but it seems to be impossible to get despite the fact that it was released only in 2006 through a major label (Sony/BMG).

I searched ebay several times, but it always comes up with zero results. Searched online cd retailers, even asked the band directly, but to no avail..

So, anyone has a spare copy or knows where to get it someway somehow somewhere? Please?

Question to particularly the Swedish folks here: I want the Enter the Hunt CD "For Life. Til Death. to Hell. with Love.", but it seems to be impossible to get despite the fact that it was released only in 2006 through a major label (Sony/BMG).

I searched ebay several times, but it always comes up with zero results. Searched online cd retailers, even asked the band directly, but to no avail..

So, anyone has a spare copy or knows where to get it someway somehow somewhere? Please?

I bougt mine used from a store here in stockholm a while ago..
(www.repulsive.se) but havent seen it since.. i can keep an eye out for you.