Does Katatonia remind you of Silent Hill

• Yeah, for sure!

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • A bit...

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • ...not really.

Votes: 16 31.4%

• Total voters
maybe intresting for all the silent hill fans here "stillhet - gjemt i skyggene - 7. silent hill (akira yamaoka cover)" ;)

Before I begin here on the movie, I LOVE that pic from Silent Hill 4 Angelica...one of my faves. There's this other one I love from the game with that bird-like creature with the HUGE hands and has double-heads like that of a baby. Disturbing shit.

_Transparent_ said:
its not great and the ending is crap. but overall its got some really good moments in it and it looks visualy really good especially the bits with the ash falling from the sky like snow.

I have to disagree with you. I can see why some may think the ending isn't all that great or overall the film wasn't too impressive, but wow, I personally thought the ending couldn't have been done better.
Some were confused as to why Christopher couldn't see Rose when in the apartment, or vice-versa, but that's the point - they are BOTH in completely different worlds. This IS NOT supposed to be a happy ending and I'm so GLAD they chose to go down this route. I mean, once in Silent Hill there's no coming back...you're stuck.

As well, another thing I LOVED about the ending is that it is a PERFECT opportunity for a sequel. Perhaps a SH2-esque plotline, where Christopher is the main character this time around in search of his wife in the haunted town of SIlent Hill. He's so depressed for he hasn't seen her in a long while and is confused as to what has exactly happened to her. So he goes on a quest to the town himself and finds himself trapped in the nightmare. That'd ROCK.

SO clearly, yeah, it's obvious I enjoyed the film a great deal. I thought it might be a bit too artsy for the mainstream viewers - it was a VERY surreal film and ALMOST stayed completely true to the games. I'd say the movie was like 95% Silent Hill - I really can't complain.
The only thing I was hoping for was to have the movie more "scary" which I thought it wasn't. Was it scarier or better than the games??? No way! And there's no way I'd ever think they'd top the games with a movie, but what they've done is clearly impressive and is a whole different take on the SH universe. Like others have stated already, the whole film is a visual feast for the eyes. It looks brilliant. I just wish it was even MORE darker and sinister at times, like the games.

But for the record, the foggy town was done perfectly.

EDIT:::And this has always been one of my fave pics (from SH2) - the NURSE - among other shots that have a great feel and unsettling vibe - all from SH2.

silenthill2_1207_screen008.jpg

sh2_1103_screen005.jpg

and one more cool shot of James....

silenthill2_0530_screen008.jpg

I fucking love thw world of Silent Hill.