Akira Yamaoka

cliffburton615

Irish Pisshead
Dec 8, 2004
Dùn Na nGall,Eireann.
Anyone else into this guys music.

For those who dont know, he is the guy behind the music for the Silent Hill games.

Some truly terrifying music. The main theme tune from the first game is amazing, as is the piano version if you can find it. A track i think all Katatonia fans would enjoy.

What i could say about this master of hollow, depressive, haunted music, he very talented especially on "Silent Hill 2" soundtrack. Thanks him for a great arranged of one of brilliants games ever in a very introvert's genre.

Pure, fucking, genius! That's all I have to say about Yamaoka. He is a brilliant song writer. My favourite Silent Hill game AND soundtrack is SH2 - it's so atmospheric and the story is terrific.

Anyway, Theme of Laura (opening for SH2) is one hell of a cool tune.

Other tracks I should mention are Promise (SH2), Truth (SH2), Love Psalm (SH2), Room of Angel (SH4), Waiting for You (SH4), She (SH1), A Stray Child (SH3), Alone in the Town (SH2).....ah man, it's all good.

Quote everything you said!!! Akira Yamaoka is a pure genius, all of his works are extraordinary! At times some of his tunes recall me the hermetic, decadent and "innersolitude" soundscapes of Katatonia. Fucking great Akira, fucking great whole Silent Hill series.

PS: The master Blakkheim loves Silent Hill too! See his personal notes in the website, if you don't believe me!

Oh master Nystrom:worship: :worship: :worship: ...please, tell us something about your interest for this wonderful series and his incredible music!!!