Does Katatonia remind you of Silent Hill

• Yeah, for sure!

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • A bit...

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • ...not really.

Votes: 16 31.4%

• Total voters
what reminds me even more of silent hill is the artwork.
Specially from The Last Fair Deal Gone Down, with the broken mirror and all.

Could really se some kata song in a Silent Hill game

Have you ever heard the song "You're Not Here" from the Silent Hill 3 Soundtrack, or "Room Of Angels" from the Silent Hill 4 soundtrack?

Sounds alot like katatonia.

xXBraveMurderDay said:
Have you ever heard the song "You're Not Here" from the Silent Hill 3 Soundtrack, or "Room Of Angels" from the Silent Hill 4 soundtrack?

Sounds alot like katatonia.

the singer of ''you're not here'' is called melissa williamson, that song is incredibly emotional and powerful, but in my opinion it doesnt sound too much like kata, just a little...it is more of a pop version of sonic youth, but in a good way, and even if it is very melodic with female vocals and stuff, i find that song to be as dark, cool and hellish as most of morbid angel & cetic frost songs!!! haha!! really...that song impressed me from the very first time i heard it.

Oh man, the Room of Angel song is incredibly moving and depressing. Aye, I can't begin to even say how many times I have heard it.

MY FAVE vocal rock track is WAITING FOR YOU ~ Live from Heaven's Night - awesome, AWESOME song. It's a bonus off the Silent Hill 4 OST - HIGHLY recommended.

And man, I AGREE about the Angela scene. Chilling indeed. "You see it too? For me...it's always like this..." One of my most memorable lines from the game.

Alcapoth said:
Oh man, the Room of Angel song is incredibly moving and depressing. Aye, I can't begin to even say how many times I have heard it.

MY FAVE vocal rock track is WAITING FOR YOU ~ Live from Heaven's Night - awesome, AWESOME song. It's a bonus off the Silent Hill 4 OST - HIGHLY recommended.

And man, I AGREE about the Angela scene. Chilling indeed. "You see it too? For me...it's always like this..." One of my most memorable lines from the game.

That Angela scene is awesome, do you guys remeber that she is looking at a grotesque picture before she goes upstairs? so twisted...
And what about the lisa garland scene in sh1? when she dies and the blood covers her face...shocking scene, the song from that scene is awesome.

Ive only played silent hill 2 but it has to be one of my all time favourite games. That and resident evil. Is silent hill 4 as good as 2?
Im gonna play 2 again once I find it, cant wait, its the only game ever to scare the shit outta me

NO!!!! Silent Hill 2 is much better than SH 4...in general, Silent Hill 4 is the weakest link...althrough, it is a very good game, it would be even great, but without playing any of SH 1,2,3 before it..

^^I agree. And about silent hill 1 & 3, they are connected, the storyline of the 3rd version is a continuation of the 1st one, both are equally killer games, a bit better than the 2nd version in my opinion, but i love sh2 too

Alcapoth said:

and i agree with all 3 of those quotes... WFY is so awesome... pity i probably wont be old enough to get into the film :cry:

Alcapoth said:
Oh yeah, that's one of my TOP 10 fave SH tracks, easily. Yep, good stuff. Actually, this song has always kind of reminded me of Opeth, haha. My fave track is Love Psalm (also from SH2 - which is the best soundtrack for me.) But yeah, I agree, the SH games feature some of the best music you can hear in a video game.

Well, I've played MANY horror games, and I'll tell you...there's nothing out there quite like the Silent Hill series. It's psychological horror, a thinking man's game if you will. It can really mess with your mind it's just so bizarre at times, but the game's dark and freaky nature is precisely why this is one of my fave games and one of the only games series I still play.

An, yeah, NOT ALL Katatonia is totally SH-ish, but i'm definitely reminded of the games when CERTAIN guitar notes are played and some of the soundscapes they create in the songs.

For example, Saw you Drown has some creepy sounds going on in it, ambient stuff that could be fitting in a SH. The screetching guitars sometimes have this sense of melancholy and sudden "chaotic, depressing" vibe to it that i'm instantly reminded of SH's atmosphere.

In a way, i'm not too surprised. I'm not sure if it's Anders or not, but I think one of the band members actually likes the series. I know Mike from Opeth plays the game - :headbang: HELL YEAH!

Another band that reminds me of the game, haha, is ANTIMATTER. Songs such as Angelica or Flowers - wow, that could be straight from the game and I wouldn't even tell the difference.

On a final note; to anyone who DOES not know what SH is all about, I strongly recommend checking out the upcoming movie. The guys responsible for it apparently did everything in their power to stay true to the game, as they are HUGE SH-fanatics. SO basically, this film may be the one that FINALLY gets it right, in terms of delivering a GOOD game to movie adaptation.

It'll rock!

I totally agree!!!!!!
I love Silent Hill series, the greatest game saga ever created!!
And it's fucking true that Katatonia music resemble very much not only the music of Silent Hill, but the general atmosphere too, as much as the visual-estetic conception and the dark-intimate lyrical themes and feelings!!!

PS: The art cover of "Last Fair Deal Gone Down" reminds me a lot of the Silent Hill 4 world and vision!

PPS: Anders Nystrom knows very well and loves so much Silent Hill too!!!!
Please, read the personal info over the single members...he describes Silent Hill and Castlevania as his fave games ever!!!

Saw it yesterday. Decent movie, though I can't really comment on how much like the game(s) it is. Only played the first one, and that was years ago. Still, I had my hopes up.

There wasn't much gore though. Keep getting my hopes up for a gore filled squelch-fest that could measure up to Braindead/Dead Alive ... no luck yet :erk: