THE GAME...SILENT HILL...KATATONIA...

doom_death

Katatonia&Hypocrisy Fan
Sep 4, 2005
Zagreb,Croatia[Hrvatska]
What's my point...Anybody who played that game will know what's the atmosphere in this game...Cold, fear, depression, desolate, sad.....one word SICK!! And...I thought this music that Katatonia is making now for many years, perfectly suits in that atmosphere...So, did you ever think that their songs could be used like soundtrack for games like that one, or movies..etc...?

When it comes to video games or movie scoring, you should be writing music that adds to the atmosphere or mood of the scene. eg, if its a dark eerie type movie, you cant really just throw some dark eerie type song over it, it should be written for the movie.
My point is, using an already written Katatonia song wouldnt work as well as katatonia writeing for a specific part of a movie/game.
Of course sometimes some songs/pieces fit scenes perfectly.

I love silent hill 2

I think NEW katatonia has a very close relationship with the atmosphere in Silent Hill. Just look at the artwork och LFDGD and VE, it trades the same kindo of feel as the SH games. Plus the musical scores in the Silent Hill serie even has some similarities with 'tonia.

L0bster is right....The NEW era of Katatonia would suits much better...Because it has some melancholic, cold touch in every song, just like Silent Hill series...And if you think little more, in every Silent Hill is Katatonia like intro or outro...Theme song in Silent Hill 3 for example...it's sang by female vocalist that has nothing to do with Katatonia, but in my opinion it sounds very like new Katatonia...it has exactly the same atmosphere...I hope you'll know what I mean...And, yes, that artwork in LFDGD....It has very much similarity with Silent Hill 4: The Room...I don't know why...but...I could perfectly imagine any of song from that album in 4th chapter of game...especially when you're in your room and watching through the window...And...I can imagine Future of Speech in bacground...;-)

jptk said:
When it comes to video games or movie scoring, you should be writing music that adds to the atmosphere or mood of the scene. eg, if its a dark eerie type movie, you cant really just throw some dark eerie type song over it, it should be written for the movie.
My point is, using an already written Katatonia song wouldnt work as well as katatonia writeing for a specific part of a movie/game.
Of course sometimes some songs/pieces fit scenes perfectly.

I love silent hill 2
Death's Design, anyone?

im almost afraid to watch the movie in case they ruin it. i think we all remember that "Final Fantasy" movie that was out a good while back. DIRE!!!!!!! id hate for them to ruin Silent Hill.

I have thought the exact same thing since I started listening to Katatonia...I thought I was crazy because I cant understand how anyone else could compare Silent Hill to Katatonia, Viva Emptiness specifically.

Yes!!!! I always have associated Katatonia and Silent Hill in my head. I'm a huge fan of Silent Hill.

I agree, their death/doom metal era really suits the Silent Hill atmosphere well.. But Some of the stuff on Viva Emptiness does too..

This thread brings back old memories. It was the first I posted years ago.

doom_death said:
L0bster is right....The NEW era of Katatonia would suits much better...Because it has some melancholic, cold touch in every song, just like Silent Hill series...And if you think little more, in every Silent Hill is Katatonia like intro or outro...Theme song in Silent Hill 3 for example...it's sang by female vocalist that has nothing to do with Katatonia, but in my opinion it sounds very like new Katatonia...it has exactly the same atmosphere...I hope you'll know what I mean...And, yes, that artwork in LFDGD....It has very much similarity with Silent Hill 4: The Room...I don't know why...but...I could perfectly imagine any of song from that album in 4th chapter of game...especially when you're in your room and watching through the window...And...I can imagine Future of Speech in bacground...;-)

EXACTLY! :D