Silent Hill Movie Trailer Released!!!

Oct 17, 2005
Kinnear, Wyoming
Finally, my most favorite, and scariest game i have ever played, Silent Hill, has finally released a trailer for the upcomming movie.

i have read up interviews with the director, and he is a die hard Silent Hill Fan. The game isn't gonna sink like all the other game/movie things like doom and resident evil and so forth...This game, according to forums and things i have read, is suppose to break that barrier on crappy game/movie scripts, and actually be a very good horror movie...if you are a Silent Hill fan like i am, you will soon know that the movie will be based on the very 1st silent hill *released for the PS1* only the main character is a chick, not a man like in the game....but the trailer has a lot of parts from the 1st game...awesome. here is the trailer...

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/silenthill/

I saw this trailer yesterday while at Underworld Evolution.

I have never played the game but my spawn says it is the scariest game he ever played & the trailer freaked me right out.
I cannot wait to see it.

Liverslapper said:
April 21, 2006 is when it opens in theaters, i am very excited. i own all 4 silent hill games, both are just very fucked up...

I was like 13-14 when I played Silent Hill and it scared the fuck out of me. I mean, it's so creepy.. it's so well done. You know the first version of the game was banned from America because of all the Satanic references and stuff? They kinda had to re-do some of it.

The second Silent Hill was even better... That was one amazing. The third was really good and I haven't had the time to plow through number 4 yet, for 4 was solid as hell so far.

I can't wait to see the movie.. When I heard they were doing a SH movie, It kinda scared me, as I didn't want them to ruin it.. but when I saw the teaser trailer two months ago, I was as giddy as all hell. Looks even better now. Whomever said that it's a good thing that Uwe didn't touch this, I totally agree.. He would have butchered the hell out of it.

It didnt do much for me. I love the Silent Hill games, but this looks just like every other movie adaptation of a game.... butchered and altered in storyline. I'll go see it, but I'm not expecting anything like the game.

I never played the first game, but is the location the same as in the movie? Cause I saw a road sign for a town in the state I live in during the trailer. West Virginia is the last place for a horror film to happen.

rofl @ "scary games" ....please spare me. No game is scary. Silent Hill = borefest.

movie looks good though. I'll probably go.

'Nife [Spirit Crusher] said:
I was like 13-14 when I played Silent Hill and it scared the fuck out of me. I mean, it's so creepy.. it's so well done. You know the first version of the game was banned from America because of all the Satanic references and stuff? They kinda had to re-do some of it.

The second Silent Hill was even better... That was one amazing. The third was really good and I haven't had the time to plow through number 4 yet, for 4 was solid as hell so far.

I can't wait to see the movie.. When I heard they were doing a SH movie, It kinda scared me, as I didn't want them to ruin it.. but when I saw the teaser trailer two months ago, I was as giddy as all hell. Looks even better now. Whomever said that it's a good thing that Uwe didn't touch this, I totally agree.. He would have butchered the hell out of it.

beat silent hill 4 awhile ago.....its very very twisted.

I really liked the trailer for it. I got really excited when I noticed that the director also did "The Brotherhood of the Wolf", which is one of my recent faves.

the_drip said:
rofl @ "scary games" ....please spare me. No game is scary. Silent Hill = borefest.

movie looks good though. I'll probably go.

well, depends if you're playing a game for the sake of being scared, or if you're playing it trying to make sure you don't. Did you play with others, daytime, many bothering elements around? :eek:

Karmic said:
well, depends if you're playing a game for the sake of being scared, or if you're playing it trying to make sure you don't. Did you play with others, daytime, many bothering elements around? :eek:

the only way it is creepy, is if you really get into the game. you get your mind in it, and its very freaky. - thats just me

That fucking thing that dragged the axe around in the 3rd one scared the shit out of me, it had like a bucket for a head, and at the end it did that sacrificial ritual thing, thats the only one i played through completely.

i have played all 4 games as well and ive seen the trailer i think its fuckin awesome bout time a good movie comes out wOOt

helix_of_darkness said:
i have played all 4 games as well and ive seen the trailer i think its fuckin awesome bout time a good movie comes out wOOt

its about time a good movie comes out thats based on a game! because all the other game/movie films sucked hardcore.

The movie is just gonna be like the game, thats what the director said, i've read the interviews with the director, and from what i read, this is gonna be awesome

Minion520 said:
That fucking thing that dragged the axe around in the 3rd one scared the shit out of me, it had like a bucket for a head, and at the end it did that sacrificial ritual thing, thats the only one i played through completely.

and thats off of Silent Hill II, were henry gets a letter from his dead wife :)