KRK Rocket 8 or Yamaha HS80M's they are really inexpensive now?

Saculus

Jan 15, 2008
KRK Rocket 8 or Yamaha HS80M's they are really inexpensive now?

They are cheaper than one of the Event 6's on sale. My Bx5a's aren't cutting it low end wise. I need to reduce my overly bottom heavy mixes.

Thanks

+1. Score the matching M-Audio BX10S (street price: $635 USD) FTW! If you have to choose between the KRK's and the Yamaha's, I'd go with the HS80M. More energetic sound with way better top end and way tighter bottom end.

nice tattoo marcus! Im a dog guy myself! had a rotty that just died, and a pure black german shepherd! getting a doberman soon!

sorry to derail. to the OP: just get a sub! that will cost less! most people have npthing but good things to say about the bx5a`s!

Thanks Liam! Sorry to hear about your pooch dude, it's always rough when they go, but I'm glad you'll be getting another soon to try to fill the dog-sized gap in your life!

And yeah, for full range monitoring, a pair of satellites and a sub is gonna be more accurate than ported speakers (especially sub-$1k ones)

he was an old boy (for a rotty) lived about 9 years. he was a big dog. like 130 lbs! we called him man killer hahaha my parents own a store, so we needed a big burly dog to protect our shit! it was a sad day!
now im on my own, i want an apartment size mankiller and pitty`s are outlawed here so its a german shepherd or a doberman. Germans bred some good dogs ;)

I have yammy hs80`s and they dont disappoint in the room i use them in.
but I have thought about getting a sub to complement the fostex mon. I have for a/b ing.

The behringer sub looks decent for my needs (doesnt need to sound that good)
http://www.digitechstop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=9888