Kroiky, Steve Irwin has passed away

Metal head87

Jul 17, 2006
I'm sure most of you know this by now (I found out about this like early this morning), the whacky crocodile hunter from Australia was stung in the chest by a stingray and died from it.
I would have thought a snake or a crocodile/aligator would have gotten him. At least he had fun doing what he did. I liked to watch his shows every now and then for a good laugh. He was pretty funny.
Anyways, R.I.P Steve!

I saw some of his shows when I was connected to cable before we got sattelite tv. he was pretty funny.
I remember South Park parodizing him("and now I'm going to attempt to put my thumb in his anus":lol: )
I couldn't imagine him go by anuthing other than a bite or a sting
RIP Steve

Yes, he died as a legend.

Too sad, he was a genius.My brother visited his park 2 years ago, when he stayed in Australia and saw one of these Crocodileshows, that made him famous. Impressive, yes, but not very respectful regarding the animals.

Anyway, i loved watching his shows - I study biology and animals always impressed me very much.

Rest in Peace Steve, may god send you some crocodiles to heaven to play with.

The South Park parody was funny, but this one is even funnier. It is called Bum Hunter (no bums were harmed during the filming of this, from what I understand anyways).

just 2 days ago on tv i watched a movie he made. the movie was not very good but i was watching steve irwin for the first time after so many things i heard about him. he was fantastic. then the next day he died, eh? sad. i'd like to see him on his own shows.

yeah he was awesome. man every forum has a thread like this, i never knew he was so big or actually known in other countries other than Australia. he was one of our icons we'll miss him dearly

RIP Steve

I know every forum has this thread. I wasn't going to put one up at first, but then it would make it look like everyone here is behind the times. I make this forum seem advanced and up with the times as well as Irons!:lol:

I hope they don't release the video of his death. he might have been a public personality but it doesn't mean he is public property. it wouldn't be good for his family either.
anyway, my most abiding memory of him was when he fought a young alligatorfor hours and eventually managed to get the better of the alligator and load it... so it could be transported to a safe aera. i think the cliche trotted out at times like these is applicable in his case, as he got many people to watch this type of tv programming that normally wouldn't and make them think about wildlife issues.
RIP