Label Deal Question

Master of Mayhem

New Metal Member
Aug 14, 2002
New York City
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Spinefarm/Universal deal is a european deal or a worldwide deal (which would mean Universal is releasing the record in the states). Could someone please explain the label deal. It is not stated clearly anywhere what the actual deal was.

Hmmmm. I readed a lot yesterday. The thing its that Universal Music bought Spinefarm Records. So... I believe COB signed with Spinefarm. And Spinefarm its now part of Universal. So.... they didnt need to find a discographical sign to distribuite theyr records in the world cause now Spinefarm will release though Universal, with the name of Spinefarm. No????

QUANTITY got killed, not QUALITY...!!
...and you generalize...I think /(hope) Spinefarm has still a certain degree of self-administration...actually I don't know the facts about the fusion..so I'll go and check it out first...

Originally posted by Iceheart
I think /(hope) Spinefarm has still a certain degree of self-administration...actually I don't know the facts about the fusion..so I'll go and check it out first...

I readed that the deal its that Spinefarm its auto-administrated. I mean they are the same of always, but now they are part of a multinational. But dont worry. I also readed the president wont change...

it scares me knowing that universal is the home to many "rappers"..........

From Newscorner: "After an official statement of spin-farm the Deal will not affect "Spin-farm Oy's relations, distributions and contracts." Spin-farm Oy will be further as independent as before."

Originally posted by markgugs

Why does this scare you? :lol: It'll be a cold day in hell when baggy trousers and a scratch table appear on a CoB album.

lol:lol: