CoB interview in Inferno Magazine

~Casse~

- Kusipäiden järjestö
Dec 12, 2001
Lapland/Finland
www.crosswinds.net
Interresting stuff in there. Alexi told what happend when they got their deal with Spinefarm. They were singed to some Belgian label and that deal really sucked! The deal contained: band will pay all the studio time and they have to buy 1000 copies of their own cd. Then Ewo from Spinefarm heard from Inearthed and told them to finish Inearthed and start a new band. That is how they singed to Spinefarm and changed their name to Children of Bodom. Alexi also mentioned (mayby the) first time of the Inearthed's first demo Implosion of Heaven. Alexi and Jaska recorded that. The demo Ubiquitos Absence of Remission was also recorded by just Alexi and Jaska. In Shining's recording's the hole band was in the record session.
I just thoughted that some of you wanted to know this, if you already didn't :)

I think it's the same interview that i have in a french metal magazine (named Rockhard).

They also said they send the demo to spinefarm but that they even didn't answered. About the 1000 CDs, of course, they have to buy the 1000 CDs, and sell it. Then Alexi asked how to sell 1000 CDs ?! And they seriously replied ""You just have to walk in the street with a bag full of CDs and sell it."

Just a bit more precision about the obtention of the deal with spinefarm : Alexi says it's Alexander who worked in a firm where he met Samy Tenetz from "Thy Serpent", who knew Ewo, as ~Casse~ said.

SOme other infos, randomly :
Alexi played violin but tried to play guitar with his violin, so his parents bought him a guitar (Cuz' it didn't work well of course)

He has had his first guitar at the age of 11. And played about 10-11 hours a day at the beginning.

He soon took guitar lessons.

hehe that 1000 copies thingy reminds me of a German Britney Spears clone... her manager paid an elder woman to buy lots of copies almost everywhere in Germany :lol: And that bitch (the clone :p) is pretty successful over here :rolleyes: