Lacuna Coil Remix Competition

You never know what the intent of this competition is. Usually remixes serve three purposes

a) fill up space on an EP/single,
b) have something unreleased to put on compilations and get exposure/royalties
c) reach new audiences that might not be aware of the band due to sound or image

Your mix probably doesn't qualify for purpose c (style is close to the original), but the other two purposes stand and your mix is especially suited for purpose b (which is much more important than a).

So maybe you get lucky. I like your mix (although mine will sound totally different)!

Well sir, you have encouraged me enough to at least send it in. :) I just uploaded a new version with a bunch of slight changes to the synthetic drums + more.

Oh no I wasn't bashing your remix (actually it's ALOT better than mine currently) I mean there should be a take off point at the place the drums come in.

Whats another way of putting it there should be a "increase of energy" when the drums come in. If anything MORE drums :).

yeah i got, it dont worry! i think that kick has allot of energy ahha.
in fact i already send ny remix :D

cheers :headbang:

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.:)
I hear clicks and pops here and there, maybe I'll update it.
@Kazrog. I used EZdrummer for the most part.

Yeah, sounds cool Burny, vocals are in there very nice.., how did you treat them?
Well, mostly "delayed reverbs" and filters.
I always prefered using reverbs as a delay over using normal delay effects. I just bounce a short reverb return, then I duplicate, edit and shift it on 4th and 8th or whatever is needed. That's what you are hearing on the main vocal part plus a telephone filter type on the last repetition. I may have added some kind of chorus at some point. I can't remember.
The backing vocals are processed through a very light reverse reverb and a telephone filter on one side, maybe a chorus.

I posted a midi file (page 2), I know the rest of the world don't give a fuck about italian people but you should read a little bit more about what I posted :lol:

cheers ;)

Calm down, I saw the file and have downloaded but I dont have a fucking clue what to do with it since ive never done this before. I used to like Italians actually :mad: