Lacuna Coil Remix Competition

I just stopped trying to remix this track into a proper electronic version, because the original files are terrible ...

If you put the heavy guitars over a straight 4/4 techno-kick, you will hear how far off the riffing is. It really kills any groove.

Am I the only one hearing vocal clipping all over the lead vox??

I'll probably try again in the future and only use the vocals and maybe the occasional little sample from the original files ...

Calm down, I saw the file and have downloaded but I dont have a fucking clue what to do with it since ive never done this before. I used to like Italians actually :mad:

You have to calm down because I was joking anyway ehehhe :lol:
I said that because I think every goddamn italian that has to do with metal/audio engineering/music in general is not taken seriously ahahha :lol:
Anyway I was really really really kidding ;)

What does this accomplish?

In a real-world recording situation, where the snare track has lots of bleed, I can understand, but in a drumsampler (DFHS/BFD/EZD) situation ...?
Just a different flavor.

In a real-world recording situation, where the snare track has lots of bleed, I can understand, but in a drumsampler (DFHS/BFD/EZD) situation ...?
well it still makes sense if you want a full attack and some verb without burying the hit it's a cool way to make it happen.

I ususally predelay the verb about 35ms for the same reason, but AW (and Burny) are better than I am

OK, full version ready. Not gonna win the competition since they want electronica, and I was going for a kind of Linkin Park metal-feeling. Different from the original, but not different enough.

http://fredrikgroth.com/lacuna _testmix3.mp3

edit: new version, small changes

nice, will listen to that one in the future instead of the original, haha :headbang:

what the hell did you do to the guitars to get them that wide/thick?

Yep in the real world works better because you have the drumstick sound not affected by the verb.
So just using verb on the sample can give you more real sound, less sample, coming out of the track I think.

nice, will listen to that one in the future instead of the original, haha :headbang:

what the hell did you do to the guitars to get them that wide/thick?

Hello, glad you like it! I EQ:ed the guitars a bit... or pretty much, actually. ;)

I just uploaded my final version (small changes to the trigged kick & snare + drum loops, bigger changes to the intro). Same link as before.