lacuna coil

dimensionidol

free thinker
Jul 21, 2002
north of italy
Visit site
i am listening to comalies by lacuna coil now!

good album but i ask you 3 things:

-why there is a male singer? that female vocals stand really beautiful alone

-why too much gathering influences?they seem able to play original music

-why that gay nu metal:lol: look they have?it don't fit the music

my opinions...

yours...

:)

Originally posted by dimensionidol
[...]my opinions...

yours...

heard songs from their last album... didn't like those ------ heard songs from the new album .... didn't like those either ---- seen them live twice last weekend..... and now I like them even less.

my opinion :)

Originally posted by opacity
heard songs from their last album... didn't like those ------ heard songs from the new album .... didn't like those either ---- seen them live twice last weekend..... and now I like them even less.

my opinion :)

my god!

how rude!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

usually that is not my kind too!

but in lacuna coil music i listen something special!

i don't know what is because i don't like their way and approach apparently!

maybe they have made simply a good product and mesmerize me!

:lol:

Ive been listening to Lacuna Coil for a while. I got the Unleashed Memories when it first came out. I like them.
definately not my favorite but they are a great band.

My girlfriend however loves Lacuna Coil.

Dude, HUGE Lacuna Coil fan here.

Andrea is there it seems to primarily harmonize with Cristina. The first 20 listens or so I didnt notice him at all, and then I started listening closer (cuz I wondered what the hell he was doing too) and I noticed him more. Plus seeing him live really told me how much of an asset he really is.

I dont see all that much of the Gathering sound in them anymore. The Gathering is intentionally a little more jammy and instrumental than LC, whereas (IMO) Lacuna Coil is a little more Metal and melancholy.

Who cares what they look like?! Theyre not your children, so what does it matter? Funny haircuts doesnt = nu metal. I wouldnt exactly call Cristina nu metal.

EDIT: One thing I forgot-something real good about LC as opposed to the Gathering is that the harmonies can be reproduced live (for the most part), unlike Anneke and co. Anneke harmonizes the shit out of her lines, which is great for the CD, but it really detracts from them live, cuz there arent 2 or 3 of her singing all her parts. Whereas LC's harmonies most of the time come from Andrea and are of the lower variety. I've seen them both live, and theyre both great, but LC is far truer to the record live (vocally).

Originally posted by Vienyard
Dude, HUGE Lacuna Coil fan here.

1)Andrea is there it seems to primarily harmonize with Cristina. The first 20 listens or so I didnt notice him at all, and then I started listening closer (cuz I wondered what the hell he was doing too) and I noticed him more. Plus seeing him live really told me how much of an asset he really is.

2)I dont see all that much of the Gathering sound in them anymore. The Gathering is intentionally a little more jammy and instrumental than LC, whereas (IMO) Lacuna Coil is a little more Metal and melancholy.

3)Who cares what they look like?! Theyre not your children, so what does it matter? Funny haircuts doesnt = nu metal. I wouldnt exactly call Cristina nu metal.

1)i try to listen better.

2)infact they sound a bit like old gathering(mandylion era)
dude huge gathering fan here:lol:

3)if someone have an hard look like lacuna i notice it!
and frankly (exept cristina really classy and sexy)they are ridicolous with fake dreads and male skirts

- I think Cristina's voice is excellent and really sexy, and Andrea's voice complements it well. I don't think it'd sound as good without him, even though he must get a bit bored when they play live. ;)

- Never heard the Gathering.

- Who gives a shit about image??

My opinions. :)

Originally posted by rustymetal

- Who gives a shit about image??

everywhere i go there is ppl that dress like clowns and everyone say who fuckin' cares about image!

i think this is strange

this world is full of contradictions

i hope that the meshuggah's first album title will not become reality!

CONTRADICTION (then) COLLAPSE

:(

I didn't like LC's music very much but followed their way and listened to each new release. So one day Comalies was released and i liked it very much, i bought the album and went to a concert (as sentenced-support, last wednesday)......and i was really fascinated!
The gig was really great - they played only Comalies-stuff, but 2 older ones. And the new stuff rocks definitely much more than the old.

Originally posted by dimensionidol
i am listening to comalies by lacuna coil now!

good album but i ask you 3 things:

-why there is a male singer? that female vocals stand really beautiful alone

-why too much gathering influences?they seem able to play original music

-why that gay nu metal:lol: look they have?it don't fit the music

my opinions...

yours...

a) Supposedly because Andrea's voice make a nice contrast with Christina's voice.

b) Well The Gathering maybe older than Lacuna Coil, but I like LC and I don't like TG, who influence who is a matter of perception

c) That is for the album pictures, actually they dressed much more "normal" for the stage. And Lillo (Christina for those who do not know ther band well) doesn't look gay nu-metal! She is a beautiful Italian goddess with an amazing voice (and I hate her boyfriend:D ).

Very Good maketing!
Never heard them, i have always thought thy look like a Goth band, a lot of Black metal fan's seem to like them, i wonder why?
Cristina is definetly" A Babe" I can see why a lot of my male friends like them(her) hehehe