Can you say

SCREAM FOR ME LONG BEACH!!??

LAD anyone???

The Iron Maidens
in Long Beach @

THE BLUE CAFE
SATURDAY, JULY 23rd!
21 years of age and older

In honor of the classic "SCREAM FOR ME, LONG BEACH" set of Live After Death, The Iron Maidens will be performing the ENTIRE LIVE AFTER DEATH CD from beginning to end! That's one looong, hot set!!!! Come Scream with us, So Cal, in Long Beach!!!!

Please, do NOT miss this show!!!
Sponsored by www.Tributecity.com

Saturday, July 23rd

The Blue Cafe
210 Promenade
Long Beach, CA 90802
562-983-7111
Maidens go on @ 11:30pm!
Plus special guests: Bonfire (Bon Scott era AC/DC tribute) @ 9:30pm and EMPYRE (Killer tribute to Queensryche!) @ 8:00pm

*For DISCOUNT TICKETS, Please click here:
http://www.lamusic.com/velvetchain/ironmaidenprinttix.html

Are you playing "Sanctuary"?, it's in the concert film but not on the CD.

And if I might make a request, please don't do the extra long audience participation version of Running Free, it's really annoying.

Jeff Milne said:
Are you playing "Sanctuary"?, it's in the concert film but not on the CD.

And if I might make a request, please don't do the extra long audience participation version of Running Free, it's really annoying.

No, no Sanctuary,. We're doing the entire re-released version of the CD....so it's about a 2 hour set. Whew! :hotjump: It's going to be intense, trust me. :yell: :erk: :eek: :( Time won't permit or we'd throw in a few extras ta boot.

Metallicat180 said:
I can't wait to hear about it!! Will this be Aja's first time singing Powerslave?

Noway, she sang it a couple months ago in PNW tour at the Port Orchard show. Yea it was like "Tell me why do I have to be a power salve?", yea and I do believe she even was wearing the bird mask too.

RoboCaster said:
Noway, she sang it a couple months ago in PNW tour at the Port Orchard show. Yea it was like "Tell me why do I have to be a power salve?", yea and I do believe she even was wearing the bird mask too.

She did? Wicked!!! I always thought that mask looked a bit stupid tho - but then Bruce has hardly got the best fashion sense has he???
loco.gif

Bruce is such a confident man and somehow he makes even the silly stuff cool! The mask we use is a little different - it's hard to find a falcon type mask! I'd be willing to bet he had it custom made.
I admit that at first I felt like an idiot wearing the mask - that is, until I got on stage with it! I can't imagine not wearing it now for that song - it brings out things in me I'd feel silly doing without it!

Metallicat180 said:
She did? Wicked!!! I always thought that mask looked a bit stupid tho - but then Bruce has hardly got the best fashion sense has he???
loco.gif

I've always thought the mask looked cool, theatrical, sort of like Italian opera; mostly brings out that feeling of ancient Egyptian culture though, sort of king Tut, you know?

Is it supposed to represent Horus or am I missing the boat completely about this? I've never actually read anything about why he wore the mask for that song. I love Ancient Egypt tho - for years I had convinced myself I was going to be an Egyptologist. I have so many beautiful books about Egypt. Hopefully one day I'll get to visit the pyramids and see one thing I've been desperate to my whole life - King Tutankhanmun's mask. *goes into a day dream*

Metallicat180 said:
one thing I've been desperate to [see] my whole life - King Tutankhanmun's mask.

I think that's currently here in Los Angeles, maybe it'll make it to London someday. The 2 people I knew who saw it the last time it was in L.A. are now dead, but I doubt a mummy's curse was involved.

Jeff Milne said:
I think that's currently here in Los Angeles, maybe it'll make it to London someday. The 2 people I knew who saw it the last time it was in L.A. are now dead, but I doubt a mummy's curse was involved.

I thought it always stayed in the Cairo Museum.

I've read so much about the curse, and the murder theory. It's amazing what actually happened to Howard Carter etc after they discovered the tomb.