Lake of Tears

I have a sad/funny Lake Of Tears story:

I was recording a live album for a local coverband called RockTools (www.rocktools.com), and I was recording on 2nd hand 1/2" tapes that the band had bought from a guy they knew. About halfway into the first set I saw what was written on the box of the tape I was using: "Lake Of Tears - Headstones, Tape 1". I couldn't believe it. I was actually taping over the original recording of this album, that I love, replacing the tracks with cover versions of partysongs like "Rock N Roll All Nite" and "I Love Rock N Roll"... "Oh well, nothing to do about it now" I thought. Then, when the time came to switch tapes I noticed what the label said on the next tape: "Tad Morose, Nov. -94"... "Ah! Give me a break!" My choice was to record over tape 2 of Headstones or destroy the 16 track original recording of Tad Morose - Sender Of Thoughts!
I actually ended up having to use both tapes, and boy was I depressed when I went home that night.

The guy who sold the tapes was of course Uffe Pettersson who produced both albums.

hey guys

this is still a great band, every album up to and including "forever autumn" at least