Lamb of God

X111

The voice of the dead....
Jun 25, 2004
Let's get some feedback here..........What do u people think of the new lamb of gob album??????? I say it fuckin kicks ass.........XIII

Well, I'm still trying to absorb the whole thing. My only complaint so far it there's no single song to just completely punch me in the stomach, like the title track on AtPB. Solid record, though, and I'm sure with some more listening it'll prove itself to be great.

Amazing live band. I'm truly looking forward to what they do in the future.

I think it is their best work yet, simply because there is not a song on the album that I dislike, whereas on the other albums their was at least 1 or 2 songs i didnt care for. It has awsome energy like always, and I love the lyrics.

Are you guys talking about the album that came out about 6 months ago...the follow up to New American Gospel. If that's the one you're talking about, then fuck yeah it's awesome. No (non Slayer) band or (non-Slayer) album conveys aggression and angst as graphically as LoG. I fucking love those guys.

If you're talking about an even newer album then I didn't even know about it yet.

Funeral Portrait said:
6 months ago? Where the fuck have u been? That cd has been out for like 2 years... :err:
I was talking about "As The Palaces Burn" that came out 6 months ago. That's why I said "the follow up to New American Gospel".

Palaces has been out for a while but it's killer and still spends a few days of every month in my car's CD player.

:headbang:

People that liked 'As The Palaces Burn' but didn't like the production will definately love this.

Check out the title track, which is an instrumental and features guest spots from Alex Skolnick and Chris Poland.

"ashes of the wake" was a great buy. their drummer kicks major ass and reminds me of vinnie paul. vocalist def rocks. he has very unique scream. guitar is fun to attempt to play on my pz of shit strat. the opening riff on "laid to rest" is very stylish....

The new album is called Ashes of the Wake. I've listened through it about twice and I have to say, I am excessively disappointed. Hopefully it'll grow on me.

I think Ashes Of The Wake is excellent. Definitely their best so far. It's great to finally hear them with good production. There isn't a song on the album I don't like. Musically they remind me of a cross between Testament and Slayer on this one. My fave track on the album so far is The Faded Line, I think it's the best song they have ever recorded. Lamb Of God are 100% meat and potatoes METAL and I love them for that!