Lamb of God

5thSeason said:
they suck. next question.

ok, why the fuck do you have to say a band sucks when so many people are saying they are really good? I bet your one of them black metal elesits douchebags who are obsessed with a pick few black metal bands. So just stfu if your going to say something so useless. You could even explain why you dont like them, that would be more accpetable.

AotW was a massive dissapointment, especially considering i'm a massive fan of both NAG and AtPB. I honestly think its very lacklustre, missing the speed, energy and power that made their other two albums so great, and nothing like as catchy.

EternalMetal said:
ok, why the fuck do you have to say a band sucks when so many people are saying they are really good? I bet your one of them black metal elesits douchebags who are obsessed with a pick few black metal bands. So just stfu if your going to say something so useless. You could even explain why you dont like them, that would be more accpetable.

lol, im not a black metal elitist. The only black metal bands I listen to are Immortal (1 or 2 albums), Emperor (1 or 2 albums), and Venom (i know they arent typical black metal, and they dont even really fit into the genre, but they get classified as BM because they gave the genre the name). I like quite a few bands that have black metal influence (Arsis for example) but arent really black metal.

secondly... I am not an elitist at all, my favorite genre is melodic death, my favorite band is In Flames... if you can still honestly call me an elitist I am going to laugh.

ok WHY I dont like LoG. First of all, their music bores me. They act like they are better than everyone else (at least thats the impression i get from interviews, and what I have seen of them in person). These are the same guys who were once called "Burn The Priest" and had a song called Sock Puppets... get overurselves already! Another big reason I cant stand LoG is they are way too political for me. They are very liberal, the album "as the palaces burn" is just one giant bush bash. Personally, I am a very conservative republican, but I respect everyones opinions. What I cannot stand is when musicians or actors (anyone who has no political experiance) use their celeb status to push their political agenda (even if i support that agenda... which is fucking rare).

5thSeason said:
lol, im not a black metal elitist. The only black metal bands I listen to are Immortal (1 or 2 albums), Emperor (1 or 2 albums), and Venom (i know they arent typical black metal, and they dont even really fit into the genre, but they get classified as BM because they gave the genre the name). I like quite a few bands that have black metal influence (Arsis for example) but arent really black metal.

secondly... I am not an elitist at all, my favorite genre is melodic death, my favorite band is In Flames... if you can still honestly call me an elitist I am going to laugh.

ok WHY I dont like LoG. First of all, their music bores me. They act like they are better than everyone else (at least thats the impression i get from interviews, and what I have seen of them in person). These are the same guys who were once called "Burn The Priest" and had a song called Sock Puppets... get overurselves already! Another big reason I cant stand LoG is they are way too political for me. They are very liberal, the album "as the palaces burn" is just one giant bush bash. Personally, I am a very conservative republican, but I respect everyones opinions. What I cannot stand is when musicians or actors (anyone who has no political experiance) use their celeb status to push their political agenda (even if i support that agenda... which is fucking rare).

too bad. its a great album if look at it in a musical sense.. considering, well.. it is music. I dont support opeth's beliefs and fierce hatred towards christianity, yet i could never deny that they make great music.

5thSeason said:
Another big reason I cant stand LoG is they are way too political for me. They are very liberal, the album "as the palaces burn" is just one giant bush bash. Personally, I am a very conservative republican, but I respect everyones opinions. What I cannot stand is when musicians or actors (anyone who has no political experiance) use their celeb status to push their political agenda (even if i support that agenda... which is fucking rare).
That's a shitty reason dude. I mean I'm about as conservative as they get...so conservative I decided to register as an independant because the GOP was becoming to moderate for me...but music is music. Hate the message but don't hate the messenger. I'd be willing to bet at least one of the guys in the band is like "Oh God...not another fucking political song...enough already"...but he plays his instrument cuz that's what he does. If just liberals bought CD's then bands like Megadeth, Anthrax and Metallica would never have made it. Hate the message but don't hate the vessel that carries it. Here's an example...my wife loves Coldplay but when I read the lyrics of a few songs out loud to her one times she was like "what a dork". She still listens to them religiously. Don't over analyze music.

5thSeason said:

Bush sucks and so do you

Steiner said:
That's a shitty reason dude. I mean I'm about as conservative as they get...so conservative I decided to register as an independant because the GOP was becoming to moderate for me...but music is music. Hate the message but don't hate the messenger. I'd be willing to bet at least one of the guys in the band is like "Oh God...not another fucking political song...enough already"...but he plays his instrument cuz that's what he does. If just liberals bought CD's then bands like Megadeth, Anthrax and Metallica would never have made it. Hate the message but don't hate the vessel that carries it. Here's an example...my wife loves Coldplay but when I read the lyrics of a few songs out loud to her one times she was like "what a dork". She still listens to them religiously. Don't over analyze music.

thats not my main reason, my main reason as I said is because I find them boring. All their songs sound the same to me... i just cannot get into them.

5thSeason said:
thats not my main reason, my main reason as I said is because I find them boring. All their songs sound the same to me... i just cannot get into them.
That, to me, is one of the most validating reasons for not liking a band.

EternalMetal said:

I've never used this on this board before, but I'm pulling it out now.

LMFAO

5thSeason said:
Fair enough. It may be a boring album. I dunno yet. I didn't even know it was out actually. I thought the thread starter was talking about "As The Palaces Burn" which I guess is still a relatively new release. Props to LoG for releasing 2 albums within a year and touring the whole time! I'll have to check out the new album, "Ashes of the Wake".

Steiner said:
Props to LoG for releasing 2 albums within a year and touring the whole time!
Quality, not quantity. Their lack of time investment painfully shows-up the former in Ashes of the Wake. Like Tanith said, it lacks energy and variation. Ain't nowhere near as dynamic or blistering as the previous two albums.

5thSeason said:

ok, now i respect your decision. But when u just say they suck and give no reason, then you have no right to say so.

ashes of the wake is fucking organized mayhem - just a half-notch below palaces, which is an acheivement none the less

Pyrus said:
Anthrax has always been a very left-wing band, and back in the 80s Metallica and Megadeth were pretty liberal, at least in an anti-war, anti-religious sense.
I meant to say that if only liberals bought albums made by liberal bands then it probably wouldn't be enough revenue to drive sufficient record sales. At some point there has to be a social crossover in terms of appeal for a band to hit it big or at least sustain itself.

Cliff Notes: History shows us that the general (non-liberal) public supports liberal bands with their wallets, if nothing else.