LANCE KING: A Moment In Chiros

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From www.melodicrock.com :

"Lance King is world renowned in the underground as a melodic metal vocalist, singing on over 25 worldwide releases over the last 21 years. This fact is impressive in itself, but what is truly special about Lance is his ability to morph his voice to fit any mood and intensity of a song, he's proved this over the years by adding a very "special something" to every album he has been a part of. Said to have the golden touch, Lance's voice just seems to connect the dots making head banging metal also into a good song.
On the last day of June, 2011 Lance decided to invite some of his musical friends to co-write songs with him as he ventured into his first solo album. An act of faith only knowing their work, never working with them before in creating music. In just two months, those involved had created an epic masterpiece, quite a feat indeed based on the quality of this release.
In under three months, A Moment In Chiros was mixed and mastered and off to the presses, perhaps the fasted created music in history? This album was meant to be out by 11/11/11 and is destined to stand the test of time.
The album's concept is based on the 11:11 time prompt phenomena happening to over 75 million people around the world, Lance is one of these people, and has dived in deep to find more about what it's all about. This album is one man's journey as a seeker of truth looking for answers to the world's greatest mysteries.
Lance has chosen "Human Trafficking" (sex slavery), one of the fastest growing criminal activities worldwide as the charitable cause he would like to champion, profits from this album will go to efforts to abolish this slave trade worldwide through an organization called "Not For Sale"! www.notforsalecampaign.org/about/slavery/
Boasting great creativity and performances by these fine musicians: Jacob Hansen (Beyond Twilight, Invocator & Anubis Gate), Kim Olesen (Anubis Gate), Michael Harris (Darkology, Thought Chamber), Tore St Moren (Jorn), Fred Colombo (Spheric Universe Experience), Markus Sigfridsson (Darkwater / Harmony), Kevin Codfert (Adagio), Michael Hansen & Shane Dhiman (Phonomik), Malek Ben Arbia (Myrath) & Morten Gade Sørensen (Pyramaze, Wuthering Heights), Elyes Bouchoucha, Malek Ben Arbia, Anis Jouini (Myrath) & Mistheria (Bruce Dickinson and MANY others).
Produced by: Kim Olesen (Anubis Gate) & Jacob Hansen, (Volbeat, Heathen, TYR, Amaranthe, Communic, Mercenary, Onslaught, Rob Rock, Blotted Science, Raunchy, Pretty Maids, Cryoshell)

Tracklist: 111. A Sense of Urgency 222. Awakening 333. Manifest Destiny 444. A Given Choice 555. A Moment in Chiros 666. Dance of Power 777. Kibou 888. Infinity Divine 999. Joy Everlasting 10:10 Sacred Systems 11:11 Transformation.
WebLinks: www.facebook.com/LanceKingVox / www.twitter.com/lancekingvox / www.NightmareRecords.com "

lanceking-amomentinchiros.jpg

Lance played part of what he called a "rough demo" of this CD while I was talking to him at the Nightmare table at ProgPower.

If that was the "rough demo," the final product might well bit a last-minute Top 10 addition for a lot of people. VERY impressive!

Major props for contributing to charity with the CD, too!! Great singer and all-around nice guy! :)

Craig

It is an amazing CD just finished listening to it, OH MY GOD!!!! this will be my #1 of the year

Lance spent 15 minutes telling me the philosophic underpinnings of this work. If the music captures even a portion of the depth behind those underpinnings, this should be an incredible 'experience'.

The album is indeed AMAZING! Lance really outdid himself with this one. So many amazing releases out for promo this week! STEEL PANTHER, DRAGONLAND, IRON SAVIOR, THEOCRACY, CAGE, LANCE KING, ANDROMEDA, THE MAGNIFICENT, MECCA, TRILLIUM, OZ, TALON, WIDOW, VAIN....shit my ears have a permanent erection haha.

The album is indeed AMAZING! Lance really outdid himself with this one. So many amazing releases out for promo this week! STEEL PANTHER, DRAGONLAND, IRON SAVIOR, THEOCRACY, CAGE, LANCE KING, ANDROMEDA, THE MAGNIFICENT, MECCA, TRILLIUM, OZ, TALON, WIDOW, VAIN....shit my ears have a permanent erection haha.

Indeed awesome albums! \m/

Iron Savior!!! been too long since their last one

And just when I thought I was done buying CDs for this year! Jesus - in addition to Lance's disk, we are talking new Iron Savior? Andromeda???? Theocracy???? Damn, seems this second half of 2011 is turning out some friggan incredible stuff! I've not even had a chance to get through all the disks I got at ProgPower, let alone some additional ones that I've just ordered from Laser's Edge. Looks like Lance is going to be getting more of my money as well.

It's up there now! Hey J-man, you figure out yet which track the Myrath guys are on ? ; )

Bout to hit your shop. I'm seriously excited about all the discs I'm about to get from you. Andromeda, Myrath, yours. Hell of a way to round out an already really good metal year.

Sound's pretty great to me ; ) as does the new Theocracy and Andromeda that have both just been added to the Nightmare store!

My birthday is just right around the corner, so I may be treating myself to some new disks like I did last year. The sad thing is I saw the new Myrath album at your table, but did not get it, thinking I already had it. <doh!>. Oh well, I'll just order up with the others that I plan to do.v

Incredible just how much awesome music that is still coming out, despite all the protestations about the state of the music industry and so forth!

Definitely looking forward to hearing your new material there Lance. I missed hearing it at ProgPower as I just had to step out to get something to eat at that point.

It's up there now! Hey J-man, you figure out yet which track the Myrath guys are on ? ; )

I was going to say track 888 but Track 888 Infinity Divine is Michael Hansen & Shane Dhiman (Phonomik) I think. I got it now it is track 999 - Joy Everlasting, Malek's guitar work is unmistakeable.

Am I the only one asking "Lance is 4 minutes late in the cover"? He's pointing to 11:07 ;)

I'm rarely that literal, this is only a synchronicity in symbolism that just happened when we combined the layers, it wasn't intended, there is a lot of other symbolism that's in the cover though if you look closely and ponder...

edited in 10/27 at 6:23 interestingly, I found out just yesterday that the album was pushed up by Sony/Red along with a bunch of their other releases, guess what the official release date is now? 11/07 and the theme for the twilight zone plays... more of the amazing synchronicity that's happened all over the 11:11 thing.

I was going to say track 888 but Track 888 Infinity Divine is Michael Hansen & Shane Dhiman (Phonomik) I think. I got it now it is track 999 - Joy Everlasting, Malek's guitar work is unmistakeable.

LOL, well you got one of two correct, 888 is NOT the Phonomik guys ; )

First review's are rolling in...

DANGERDOG = ALBUM OF THE WEEK and gave it a PERFECT 5 of 5 Rating. (nice )
http://www.dangerdog.com/ (front page)
http://www.dangerdog.com/2011-music-reviews/lance-king-a-moment-in-chiros-review.php (individual page)

BLACKWIND METAL = 4.5/5
http://blackwindmetal.com/?p=1232

Also you can hear the first streaming track on
NOISECREEP here,
http://www.noisecreep.com/2011/10/27/lance-king-manifest-destiny-song/?a_dgi=aolshare_facebook

More stream premiers to come this week, the album was pushed up to release date 11/07 by RED.

>