Lance on Balance of Power's Heathenology

BurntOfferings666

God Of All Things Metal
Wow, all I can say is wow, as my jaw hangs in awe. I just got Balance of Power's 2 cd + 1DVD best of boxset entitled Heathenology. Having yet to see Lance perform in person, I was utterly amazed with the amount of video footage that they included on the DVD featuring Lance, since he's no longer in the band. The live CD that is included features new Balance of Power vocalist John K, singing alot of Lance era classics (Shelter Me, Searching For the Truth, Ten More Tales of Grand Illusion, Walking On Top of the World, Day Breaker & Sins of the World) which make up nearly 95% of the album. John does a good job replacing Lance, but that magical spark isn't as evident as it was on Perfect Balance.

All in all, this is an amazing package, and if you're looking for just amazing live footage featuring Lance, this is for you.

So once again, I beg you Lance, get one of your bands up here soon, before I go crazy with anxiety.

This is a good disc to get into BoP with. Although what kind of sucks is that alot of the live material on disc two with John K I would have rather had on the best of first cd with Lance like Shelter Me. Although the first disc really does have some of the more underrated songs represented like Savage Tears and One Voice.

By the way the albums that Lance sang on with Balance Of Power are getting more and more difficult to obtain. I'd suggest tracking them down pretty fast, of course Nightmare has a few left (I think Lance, might want to clear this up a bit) and even a copy of Perfect Balance from Brazil with some bonus tracks not on the American version.

Also, is Balance Of Power even still kicking around? John K left a year or so ago and I havent heard much of anything from them since.

Daybreaker said:
Also, is Balance Of Power even still kicking around? John K left a year or so ago and I havent heard much of anything from them since.

Yes, they have a new singer (Corey Brown) and they are working on a new album.

As for the albums with Lance as singer, are indeed quite difficult to find, but not impossible. Ebay is a friend of you.;)

Oh yea I' ve had em all for a while I was just trying to help out people who are new to the band. Corey Brown, the Section 16 / Magnitude 9 / Redemption for a week singer? That should be cool. Of course Tony Ritchie is a bad ass song writer so yeehaw they're not shut out just yet.