The SPAM thread ;)

BurntOfferings666

God Of All Things Metal
Just thought it would be good to start a thread where we can talk about things other than Pyramaze (no offence guys).

So to start it off:

You'll never believe what I just got!

12_1.JPG

In addition to this awesome find on Ebay, I also received Balance of Power's Ten More Tales (Japanese Import), Perfect Balance and the Pyramaze Melancholy Beast poster all autographed by Lance King. (Michael get ahold of me - I wanna send the poster to you to get signed ;) )

So I guess the point of this particular post is to generate discussion about rare/hard to find/collectors things you have.

So here is my complete list:

Bootlegs:

Beyond Fear - Live in Treviso Italy (1 CD - June 24, 2006)
Children of Bodom - Live in Nosturi (1 CD - 2006)
Demons & Wizards - German Crusade (1 CD - 2000)
Demons & Wizards - Last Sunrise over Paris (1 CD - 2000)
Evergrey - Vicious in Vancouver (1 CD - May 14, 2004)
Iced Earth - Wuppertal 1991 (1 CD)
Iced Earth - Turbingen, Germany (1 CD - 1995)
Iced Earth - Live in Stuttgart '96 (1 CD - Sept 5, 1996)
Iced Earth - Live in Ollegio, Italy '97 (1 CD - April 27, 1997)
Iced Earth - Live in Ludwigsburg '97 (2 CD - May 11, 1997)
Iced Earth - Something Wicked in Lorain (2 CD - Feb 19, 1999)
Iced Earth - Live in Paris 2002 (2 CD - Jan 23, 2002)
Iced Earth - Live in Madrid 2002 (2 CD - Jan 28, 2002)
Iced Earth - Vengeance in Gothenburg (1 CD - Feb 15, 2002)
Iced Earth - Enraptured in Philadelphia (2 CD - April 04, 2002)
Iced Earth - Live in Austin (2 CD - May 02, 2002 - **Matt Barlow's last gig)
Iced Earth - The Glorious World Tour Live in Chicago (2 CD - April 20, 2004)
Iced Earth - The Glorious World Tour Live in Vancouver (2 CD - May 14, 2004)
Iced Earth - The Glorious World Tour Live in San Francisco (2 CD - May 17, 2004)
Judas Priest - Live in Milwaukee 2002 (2 CD)
Judas Priest - Live in Toronto 2004 (2 CD/3 Sets)
Hammerfall - Live in Mexico 2005
Metallica - Live in Newark, New Jersey (1989)

Rare Albums:

Metallica - Master of Puppets (Pressed on a 24kt Gold disc, japanese import)
Iced Earth - The Melancholy EP (first pressing, hand numbered, limited to 2000 copies worldwide)
Iced Earth - Alive in Athens (3 disc japanese import)
Iced Earth - Days of Purgatory (2 disc import)
Iced Earth - Horror Show (limited edition 2 disc "Chromium" edition - chrome etched discs; bonus interview with Jon Schaffer)
Iced Earth - Dark Genesis (Limited run; hand numbered 515 of 10000)
Iced Earth - The Reckoning EP (limited pressing)
Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden (2 disc, signed by entire band)
Balance of Power - When the World Falls Down (japanese import)
Balance of Power - Heathenology (japanese import)
Balance of Power - Book of Secrets (japanese import signed by Lance King)
Balance of Power - Ten More Tales (japanese import signed by Lance King)
Balance of Power - Perfect Balance (signed by Lance King)
Demons & Wizards - Demons & Wizards (Argentinean import w/bonus tracks and remixes)
Winters Bane - Season of Brutality (never released)
Winters Bane - Redivivus (japanese import, signed by band)
Winters Bane - Heart of a Killer (2 disc reissue, signed by guitarist/songwriter/founder Lou St Paul, bassist Dennis Hayes (Beyond Fear))
Avian - From the Depths of Time (signed by guitarist Yan Leviathan)
Paul Di'anno - The Living Dead (2 disc w/ bonus DVD)
Black Label Society - Sonic Brew (Japanese import)
Hate (self titled demo album)
Shatter Messiah - Never to Play the Servant (unreleased demo)
Shatter Messiah - Blasphemy Feeder (Unreleased demo)

DVD's:

Black Sabbath (w/ Rob Halford) - Ozzfest August 26th 2004
Children of Bodom - Live at the Metalway Festival 2005
Children of Bodom - Live at Tuska (2005)
Purgatory (pre-Iced Earth) - Live in 1986
Purgatory (pre-Iced Earth) - Live at the Sunset/Return to the Sunset (Aug 23, 1987)
Iced Earth - Vengeance in Thessaloniki (1996)
Iced Earth - Something Wicked in Montreal (1999)
Iced Earth - The Coming Curse in Detroit (1999)
Iced Earth - Live in Bochum (1999)
Iced Earth - Alive in Athens (1999 - this is actual bootleg footage, different from the DVD that century media released)
Iced Earth - Live Horror in San Francisco (2002)
Iced Earth - The Glorious World Tour Live in Sauget, Illinois (2004)

Miscellaneous:

Pyramaze - Legend of the Bone Carver European tour poster; signed
Pyramaze - Melancholy Beast poster; signed
HATE - 8x10 promo photo w/Curran Murphy (Nevermore, Annihilator, Shatter Messiah) signed by band
Beyond Fear - 8x10 promo photo signed by band
Tim Owens 4x6 photo signed
Iced Earth Glorious Burden sticker signed by band
Iced Earth - 12 mounted collectible guitar picks; limited run
Ronnie James Dio vintage Holy Diver shirt signed
Ronnie James Dio "Holy Diver" DVD signed
Ronnie James Dio "We Rock" DVD signed
Original pressings of all Evergrey releases & limited edition versions of all albums
Evergrey Recreation Day poster signed by band; import from Germany.
Evergrey Monday Morning Apocalypse poster signed by band, import from Germany
Dream Theater - Number of the Beast
Dream Theater - Master of Puppets
Dream Theater- Dark Side of the Moon
Fate - V (German import, signed by vocalist Per Johansson)
Ureas - The Naked Truth - signed by vocalist Per Johansson)

Anyways, I think thats it for music stuff. I also collect figures and comics, but thats another long story and even longer list ;)

What do you have??

I've got an Original Annihilator Phantasmagoria Demo Tape siged by Jeff Waters, a pair of sticks that Dr KillDrums Steve Wacholz used at the Savatage Reunion at Progpower 5, Helloween Walls of Jericho Vinyl signed by Kai, Gamma Ray Heading For Tomorrow Single Vinyl signed by Kai and Dirk, Mercenary - Everblack poster signed by every member on the album, Symphorce's Setlist from Progpower, Nevermore setlist from the This Godless Endeavor tour signed by all, the setlist from Theocracy's first show ever (also not to mention I believe every setlist from every show since then except for the pre party), a VERY RARE Theocracy video that there are only 3 copies of (I have 2 of them, Matt Smith(vocals, lead guitar) has the other), and the list goes on...

-Brent

Ok so I want a lot of those bootleg Iced Earth concerts hahahaha... And I want a poster of Melancholy Beast signed by Lance King lol... Im jealous.... and I want that Balance of Power Japanese import.... I wish I could say I have all this rare stuff but i dont:Smug:
:headbang:

Easy my man! Hey, have you checked out the debut from Outworld (Outworldband.com)? I think 1-of the singers you mentioned was in the band & quickly left.Anyway,led by guitarist Rusty Cooley some of the best power/metal i've heard in awhile & they were just samples from thier site.

No, I haven't heard of them Muz, but I'll be sure to check em out. I'll recommend checking out Excalion (from Finland but on a German and Brazilian label). Their being credited with being the next big power metal band much along the same vein as Gamma Ray/Saxon/Iced Earth. www.excalion.com

EDIT: Muz, I just downloaded their album and demo. Really great stuff, going to go buy the CD right now ;) Great find! BTW - their old singer was Kelly Sundown Carpenter, formerly of Beyond Twilight.

Hmmm. As far as "rare" stuff I don't have that much. Alot of Japanese imports I used to get back when I lived at home and the money from my fast food job went straight to stocking my cd towers. I miss those days I hardly buy cds now cos of school and b-b-b-bills. I've got about 250 odd signed cds from Angra to Evergrey, Into Eternity, Bodom, Sonata Arctica, Arch Enemy, Pyramaze (of course), and a whole lot more. The rarest thing I guess would be the original 95 Savage Poetry demo from Edguy signed by Tobi, Dirk, and Jens.

About autographs, I used to get all excited about them. But then I realized no one really gives a shit. I still actively seek them out now but my views on them have changed. Instead of being like "Oh snap I just got my album signed EEEK!" I see getting a band to sign an album more as a recognition by the listener of the artists work. Like saying, "I enjoy your music and I respect the work that you do and thanks for making it." Especially in this day and age where everyone and their mom downloads it also can be perceived as the artist in turn recognizing the listeners respectfulness and dedication to actually go out and spend money on an album that they could have used to get gas or pay a cable bill with. My friends used to give me shit about bringing so many albums to concerts to get signed. Like when I saw Dark Tranquillity a couple of years ago I literally brought everything from Skydancer through Character, including the EP's and singles. But when the various guys would sign the stack o sleeves they would be impressed by it instead of irritated. Most band members would make remarks like, "You werent kidding when you said you've liked us for awhile," and comments similar to that. So I guess what I'm saying is that getting an artist to sign a cd is a big loop of mutual thanks between the band and the listener.

No, I haven't heard of them Muz, but I'll be sure to check em out. I'll recommend checking out Excalion (from Finland but on a German and Brazilian label). Their being credited with being the next big power metal band much along the same vein as Gamma Ray/Saxon/Iced Earth. www.excalion.com

EDIT: Muz, I just downloaded their album and demo. Really great stuff, going to go buy the CD right now ;) Great find! BTW - their old singer was Kelly Sundown Carpenter, formerly of Beyond Twilight.

Burntoff., checked out Excalion-good call!Outworld did find a new singer from Brazil who seems to be just as good & already talk about a 2nd. album, so it sounds promising,i believe they are from Texas.Cheers muz

Cool Burntoff.,i'm familiar w/ some of those & will check the others.I've recently found & really enjoying the following,( for you to check out if you have'nt already).Cheers!

Hibria (new)
Eidolon (new)
Vision Divine
Tad Morose
Heed (new)
Last Tribe (i miss them)

Audio Bootlegs:

After Forever
Dortmund 2002 (1 Disc)

Bruce Dickinson
Accident In Brazil 97 (1 Disc)

Children Of Bodom
Paris 2003 (1 Disc)

Def Leppard
Acoustic In Singapore 96 (1 Disc, short set, studio quality)

Demons & Wizards
German Crusade 2000 (1 Disc); Invasion Of Paris 2000 (2 Disc); Milano 2000;
Madrid 2000 (2 Disc)

Firewind
Japan 2004 (1 Disc)

Iced Earth
Wuppertal 91 (1 Disc); Stuttgart 1996 (1 Disc); Oleggio 1997 (1 Disc);
Vengeance In Gothenburg 2002 (2 Disc); Montreal 2002 (2 Disc);
San Francisco 2004 (2 Disc); Vancouver 2004 (2 Disc); Sayreville 2004 (2 Disc); Chicago 2004 (2 Disc); Columbus 2004 (2 Disc); Scottsdale 2004 (2 Disc);
Graspop 2004 (2 Disc)

Iron Maiden
Raising Hell, Bruce’s Last Show 1993 (1 Disc); Buenos Aires 98, Blaze’s Last Show
(2 Disc); Stockholm 2000 (1 Disc); Philadelphia 2000, Beer Throwing Cunts (2 Disc); Stockholm 2003 (2 Disc); Santiago Chile 2004 (2 Disc)

Megadeth
London 87 (1 Disc); Paris 95 (1 Disc); Acoustic In Argentina 97 (1 Disc);
Detroit 2004

Metallica
Middletown 94 (2 Disc); Birmingham 96 (2 Disc); Cleveland 98 (2 Disc); Grand Rapids 2004 (2 Disc)

Nightwish
Biebob 2000 (1 Disc); Moscow 2001 (1 Disc); Amsterdam 2002 (1 Disc);
Dortmund 2002 (2 Disc); Hutsfield 2003 (1 Disc); Oberhausen 2003 (2 Disc); London 2004 (2 Disc); Buenos Aires 2004 (2 Disc)

Sirenia
Inferno Festival 2003

Symphony X
Osaka 1998 (2 Disc); Gothenburg 2003 (1 Disc)

Therion
Lyon 2004 (2 Disc); Sweden Rock Festival 2005 (1 Disc)

DVD Bootlegs:

Iced Earth - Sauget, IL 2004-4-19
Iced Earth - Philly 2002-4-13
Iced Earth - Paris 2002-1-23 (2 discs)
Iced Earth - Columbus 1999-5-28
Purgatory (pre Iced Earth) - apartment gig/local gig (1986)
Purgatory (pre Iced Earth) - Sunset Club, Tampa (1987-8-23)
Iron Maiden - Tokyo 2004-2-8
Iron Maiden - New York 2004-1-26
Iron Maiden - Cuributa, Brazil 1998-12-6
Van Halen - New Jersey 2004-6-23
Children Of Bodom - Atlanta 2004-5-4
Nightwish - Minneapolis 2004-8-26
Nightwish - Bucharest 2004-11-19
Nightwish - Raumanmeri Festival 2003-6-20
Megadeth - Philly 2004-11-12
Metallica - Rock Am Ring 2003-6-8

And here's a few signed items I have...

Nightwish
NightwishSigs.jpg

Therion
TherionSigs.jpg

Demonoid (features members of Therion)...the guitarist Kristian Niemann signed "thanks Nate for buying this CD!" :lol:
DemonoidSigs.jpg

Iced Earth
SignedGloriousBurdenBooklet.jpg