Coolest Music Collectables You Own.

First n' foremost, an autographed Ludwig Promo poster of Eric Carr..

And some pieces of a smashed Paul Stanley guitar...

Not much on collecting stuff but I have some Eric Carr stuff, that's about it...

Speaking of smashed up items.....

In a plastic baggie here at the house, I still have the forlorn pieces of a certain crushed camera. We call it The Camera That Changed the Course of Music. Here's why:

Set the way-back machine for c. 1988. Metallica was touring for the And Justice For All album and was playing up in Greenville, South Carolina, with The Cult opening. My friend 'Moebius' had befriended Kirk Hammett during 'Tallica's previous tour (with Queensryche) and so we headed up to Greenville with another friend of mine, 'Laddie,' in tow.*
Skipping over the details of the night before the show (almost being caught for trespassing) and then the show (awesome) and getting backstage, meeting the band and befriending Kirk myself (also awesome) and the return to the hotel (actually getting caught for trespassing, not awesome) and our quick release before being arrested (whew! awesome!).....we come to the night after the show, when things got...interesting.

We happened to have a hotel room on one of the upper floors and so we were in the vicinity of the bands and crew. At one point, my friend Moebius snapped a photo of 'Tallica's James Hetfield and Ian Astbury from the Cult, drunkenly smooching. Harmless, but Ian got mad and chased my friend down in the hotel hallway. Some punches were thrown and Ian got hold of the cheap camera and shredded it. (James H. didn't care about the pic being taken.) The sad remains of the camera somehow made it back to our room, maybe as 'evidence.' In any event, I still have them.
It was an ugly incident, and at the next show in Atlanta, at Metallica's management's behest, The Cult's Billy Duffy apologized graciously to us for Ian's behavior, which also extended to other rudenesses during that night.

--But we had the last laugh, it seems, because shortly after The Camera Incident, The Cult were kicked off the tour and replaced by a then-unknown band called Faith No More. Faith No More did well on that tour, getting lots of exposure and attention, setting the stage for their own breakout as well as a lot of other avant-garde rock and metal.

The Camera That Changed The Course Of Music. :heh:

It ended up being one of the most fun road-trips I've ever taken, after all is said and done. Our friendship with Metallica, particularly Kirk Hammett, lasted up through 1994 or so, and to this day Kirk is still a lifetime member of the fan-club I founded for an author he's a big fan of. :kickass:

That might be the neetest item of music memorabilia I own. It's certainly the weirdest. :lol:

-=-=-=-
* Ripperjack, if you read this, yes, this is the same Laddie/Richard you know from the WMA :)

In 11 days I'm hoping to add an autograph to one of my rarities...and that would be to get Al Pitrelli to sign my Morning Wood CD...(now if I can only meet Tony Harnell...hmm)...

Rock on!

Sounds like you attended an O2'L show...if so, I'm sure they did not disappoint!

I travelled to the performance in Cleveland on St. Patrick's Day. The chance to watch such talented musicians in a small venue was worth giving up 90+ temps in Phoenix for the 11-degree wind chill that they had in Cleveland that weekend!

I have tons of autographed items, but my favorite is a poster for the Room V album signed by all members of Shadow Gallery. Definitley something I would never part with.
As far as non-signed stuff, I have a vinyl copy of Fates Warning Night on Brocken with a completely different cover than either cd pressing(original or remaster) or cassette. It has a witch or something burning on the cover, and no one can tell me anything about this version.

My current holy grail item is an original print Blood Red Throne "Death Metal" shirt with the original slightly offset logo, and the bloody hand print graphic on the back. I've only seen two others in my life. One on Mr. Hustler from a bootleg concert of theirs I saw on youtube, and one on someone at Party San open air 2008. I'm not naive enough to think there aren't anymore out there, but its still rare as shit!

They are my favorite death metal band of all time!

A receipt from Carrabba's courtesy of Paul O'neil's (TSO) Black American Express card.

lol twas a great meal! :)

I have since gotten my Purgatory poster autographed by Jon Schaffer, so the autograph search for that poster is complete. Signed by Dave Abell, Gene Adam, Jon Schaffer, Bill Owen, Richard Bateman, and Greg Seymour.

Added to my collection since then is my:

Iced Earth tour jacket with sleeves autographed by everyone

Iced Earth red/black Days of Purgatory t-shirt, autographed by band. Only ever seen two more. One owned by Pellaz and one that I saw on some guy at a random show I was at.

Slayer Psychopathy Red 7" vinyl single from Record Store Day, courtesy of Exploding Ned.

A set of Kai Hansen's guitar strings that his tech pulled off of his guitar and handed to me when they played here. I'll never forget Oscar, he didn't speak a lick of English, and I no German, so it was funny for us to try and communicate all day. He let me hold Kai's pink flying v with the yin/yang decal on it. It was sweet.

etc...

A Dimebag Darrel collage:

Bass drum head from TEXAS MADFEST, autographed by all the bands:

Mint-condition vinyl of Stryper's "To Hell With The Devil" - original banned coverart, autographed by all four original members. This is my favorite piece of memorabilia by far. (Autographs on the inside.)

Also:
-Autographed limited edition of Savior Machine's "LEGEND III:I"
-Photos, work pass, and autograph of Joe Satriani from his "Engines of Creation" tour. I was working with the sound guy for our local show. It was truly an amazing experience.
-2 photos with Geoff Tate. One when I was about 19, and one from last year. Geoff is one of my favorite musicians so I consider these very special.
-Snare head with a long message and autograph from Rafael of MindFlow.
-Autographed Hellhammer drumstick. I have hundreds but this one is special.
-An Iron Maiden "Eddie-In-A-Box" toy
-Dream Theater "Scenes From A Memory" Deluxe Full Band Score Spiral
-A sheet of scrap paper used by the guys in Darkane while they were teaching me some (very inappropriate) things in Swedish. :cool:
-A Symphony X cigarette lighter (got it at PP, so some of you probably have one too)
-Countless things from non-metal bands and "old-skool" Christian metal and goth bands.
-Umpteen-million guitar picks, drumsticks, setlists, photos, autographs, posters, you name it.

Like everyone here, I have a lot of memorabilia. Between Nathan & I, we could open a museum! :lol:

1. Drumstick used by Dr. Killdrums at Progpower V set
2. Drumstick used by Jeff Plate (Savatage)
3. Savatage-Poets and Madmen Picture Disc-Auto by All
4. Theocracy-Mirrors of Souls Picture Disc-Auto by All
5. Seventh Wonder-Mercy Falls-Sp. Ed Double Disc /1000
6. A Tequiza bottle Autographed by John Osbourne-Drummer Docter Butcher, which States "You are the SHIT, thanks John Osbourne" after I brought him a beer

I have tons of more Savatage Auto'd stuff, memrobilia, etc.... hince the name sava_freak, and a few more other goodies from other bands, but these are my favs.....

sava_FREAK

Like others, I've got a bunch of signed CDs, posters, etc..but I've got a few favorites...

-A shoe autographed by Martin Larsson and Jonas Björler after the Worcester show of the At the Gates reunion tour last summer. (I meant to make it a pair and have members of Carcass sign the other shoe, but I never ended up going to that show)
-God Dethroned "The Toxic Touch" hoodie. To my knowledge, they only did one show in the US for that album (New England Metal and Hardcore Fest '07), and due to a mistake somewhere along the line, the only merch that made it were some girlie t's and a single hoodie. I can't say I've looked particularly hard, but I've never seen it online anywhere either, so it may or may not be rare, but, still, I like it :)
-Children of Bodom discography (minus Hate Crew Deathroll & Stockholm Knockout Live, neither of which were released in the set) on picture disc vinyl limited to 1500 each.

Davethemetalguy wins hands down with the Phil Lynott and Dimebag sigs. :headbang:

Off the top of my head:

A Spock's Beard "Day for Night" poster signed by the whole band while hanging with them after the intimate Orion Studios show in Baltimore. Currently framed and hanging in my son's former bedroom.

A drumstick handed to me by Mike Portnoy after their show at the Bayou in DC (RIP) on the first I&W tour.

A cd-r burned by Mike Portnoy for me alone (afaik) of the soundboard recording from their show at Jaxx back on the FII tour. I traded a couple of blank DAT tapes with him at their show later in the year at Daytona's in Baltimore. More of a story than a collectable, since the show was really awful, at least on recording (in case any of you remember how LaBrie sounded live back in those days), but at the time, I thought it was the greatest show I'd ever seen, which is why I begged him for the copy. He finally sent the cd-r's over a year later. Probably more special is the Post-it Note that he sent with it that reads "Better late than never! Mike Portnoy"

A Phil Ehart (Kansas) drumstick, played.

A few Symphony X drumsticks, played and unplayed.

A setlist from a Shooting Star show (at the aforementioned Bayou) that I went to with my (now deceased since 1994) best friend and a few other friends. We sat up in the balcony right on top of the keyboardist, and the show was broadcast live on the radio, and recorded by some other friends that stayed home.

Also, the recording of that show on cassette. One of my favorite recordings of all time. I can hear us quite a few times on it.

The first LTE disc, signed by all four members at the show they did at the TLA in Philly. If anyone remembers Glenn Fitzgerald, the Sym X/Inside Out merch guy, he went with me.

Also, the bootleg recording of this show, recorded by an old Ytsejam friend, from a few rows behind us. I can hear myself on this one, too.

A few other original DT boots, including some Bahr and Bogie originals.

A collection of concert ticket stubs (with plenty missing) dating back to the mid 70's when my father's company had Portal Box tickets at the old Capital Centre, possibly including (I know I was there, just not sure if I have the stubs) The Who w/ Keith Moon, Eric Clapton when "I Shot The Sherriff" came out, AC/DC w/ Bon Scott, Van Halen opening for and BLOWING AWAY some much bigger band (help me out here), Rush on the Moving Pictures Tour, etc. I need to dig these up and start logging them.

I'm done, for now.......

:Smokin:

2 copies of Black Label Society's Hangover Music Volume 6 signed by the entire band.

Oh and the Dream Theater @ Radio City Music Hall show shirt that was only printed for that specific night!

Iced Earth - Something Wicked This Way Comes - signed
Iced Earth - The Melancholy EP - signed
Matt Barlow signed picture from Metal Edge

Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black - signed

Slayer - Hell Awaits vinyl - signed
Slayer - Diabolus in Musica - signed

Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - signed
Megadeth - Marty Friedman pick from Risk tour in 1999

Lacuna Coil - played drumstick and bass pick from show in 2009

Nikki Sixx - bass pick from show in 1999

Radakka - Masquerade demo signed by Jon Dobbs

Styx - Paradise Nevada recording from 1996 Las Vegas show - my first concert ever.

Bootlegs from all Metallica and Iron Maiden shows I've seen.