What is the strangest collectible you own?

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
Just curious, with all the dough the people on this board have shelled out over the years, you guys and gals have to have some weird stuff in your collections that you treasure and love to show off as one of a kind, cool rare stuff. I think it would be cool to share those things and tell maybe where you got it. Heres mine:

#1 Gamma Ray- Heading For Tomarrow- This is a LP which is the same cover as the CD BUT is in a light blue sleeve that is labeled Kai Hanse- Heading For Tomarrow. This was pressed BEFORE the initial Gamma Ray name was taken and Kai was going to go with his own name. It is signed by Kai Hansen and Dirk Schlacter.
#2- Gamma Ray- Box- The Collectors Box with the 6 studio releases up to "Powerplant". Its not really rare but its signed by all 4 current members.
#3 Gamma Ray- Powerplant CD LTD Bookcase
#4 Helloween- Helloween EP LP signed by Kai Hansen
#5 Gamma Ray- Bootleg -Accidents Will Happen 2CD with Timo Tolkki guest guitarist on "Ride The Sky" and Timo Kotipelto on "Land Of THe Free"

Probably a Kamelot album (Karma) with two pages of each one in the booklet. It was printing problem I guess... The booklet is twice as big as the normal ones... LOL

I have a Judas Priest t shirt from the tour that never happened. It was the late 2001 early 2002 tour that got cancelled because of 9-11. It is rare because i don't think any of the shows happened. Also, on the back, it says anthrax (because besides Iced Earth, they were the other supporting act), but along with the band name, there is a band photo of the band with Belladonna and not Bush, even know these shirts were printed in 2001...

-Brent

There is that now infamouse Dream Theater Double Live CD with the twin towers on fire that was recalled. I have the original Bodycount CD (or audio tape not sure) that has the song copkiller on it. I have lots of "rare" stuff but not too much stange stuff unless you want to count an old concert shirt from Long Beach Arena when I went to see Yngwie Malmsteen with SAXTON opening up for them (yeah you read right, they spelled SAXON wrong). :)

You guys have really “weird” stuff, I don’t have any signature stuff or t-shirts since my only and first “real” international concert was PPIII, After 14 years of being a “metal head” (it sucks to be poor)
But here are my “hard to find” CDs:
Rigor Mortis – Rigor Mortis (original CD pressing)
Megaton – Megaton (extremely limited pressing CD on small label for this great and unknown 1986 Heavy Metal act from Mexico)
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys I (with the “Judas” track in the middle of the CD, but doesn’t appear in the track list)

I have;

a jar of Anthax Killer B honey

Judas Priest original Rocka-Rolla album cover (the one that looks like the coke logo) signed by Rob Halford

a Little Caesar's pizza bag autographed by the band Little Caesar, and local rag interview with Ron Young when I got it signed mentions me and him commenting on it in the interview and later on stage.

a water cup signed by Doro Pesch. During her performance on the "Doro" tour she kept bringing me a water when she got one for herself during the entire set. I had a chacne to meet her on her tour bus prior to the show, and then ung out with her after the show while she signed for everyone else in the place. this lady is nicer than your mom!

Kiss Dynasty picture disc signed by Ace & Peter

an Anthrax comic book signed by Joey Belladonna

autographed WWIII promo poster

an actual "billion dollar bill" right off Alice Cooper's sword during the Hey Stoopid tour

(this item got stolen and I'm still pissed) a Maxell t-shirt signed by Julian Lennon, Vivian Campbell and 2 dudes from Skid Row among others I can't recall right now all achieved in one afternoon.

(another stolen item) although to this day I can't really say I like much of their music, they were extremely cool to meet and hang out with for many days while recording their 2nd cd.. Danger Danger had signed a legal pad for me while I was working that read like a high school yearbook signing. some punk teen girls stole it while I was saying farewells with Andy Timmons. I really hope someone enjoys PERSONAL autographs to me when they were 2 feet from the bastards and didn't have the balls to ask for their own .. ok I'm calm now

Jon Bush signed my Anthrax Armend & Dangerous cd, and to this day I'm still wondering why when I handed him a Symbol of Salvation vinyl... color me perplexed.

I have a Trial By Fire Testament 12" signed by Chuck Billy

a ticket stub signed by Joan Jett, not the best item but it was great to meet her because she's the female Chuck Berry of Rock and always will be a favorite of mine.

these are a few off the top of my head, and some of my favorites from my collection.

// edit LOL , almost forgot //

I have a s igned t-shirt and polaroid of me with Debbie Gibson in the early 90s \m/ :headbang:

I have an original Alchoholica T-shirt (with the sleeves cout off.
I have a Kozuku - Ban (Accept live in Japan) LP which is a bit rare.
I have other stuff to but I can't think of it right now.
I had a VP signed set-list from PP4 but I gave it to one of my buddies who is a big VP head but wasn't able to attend. I have photocopies of it though.

Bryant

yeah, i have the body count CD that was mentioned above, and I also have the original CD pressing of Rigor Mortis's self titled (as well as Freaks and Vs. The Earth), signed by Casey Orr and Harden Harrison when they came through here with Speedealer. Casey Orr is a really cool guy, btw, one of the friendliest metal musicians I've ever met. it was cool hearing him talk at length about both Rior Mortis, Mike's stints with Ministry, and his stint with GWAR.

I have the original CD pressing of Possessed's Seven Churches, and I have the entire Death discography signed by Chuck.

The weirdest thing i have though is probably from the last Nevermore tour, when i grabbed what i thought was a setlist off the monitor and came up with a cheat sheet for the polyrhythmic part of "I Voyager", so i had Jim and Jeff sign it.

Ryan

Se7enChurches said:
The weirdest thing i have though is probably from the last Nevermore tour, when i grabbed what i thought was a setlist off the monitor and came up with a cheat sheet for the polyrhythmic part of "I Voyager", so i had Jim and Jeff sign it.

Ryan

HAHA, yea, i remember that. I remember you got it, and was like "wtf is this?" And then i don't remember if you asked jim of jeff first what it was, but they had to explain it to me twice before i understood what they were talking about.

-Brent

Thought I'd add some more:

An actual promo bill used on MTV's Headbangers Ball Tour 1988 with Exodus, Anthrax, and Helloween

The original CD pressing of Metallicas EP "Creeping Death/ Jump Into The Fire"

A picture disc "45 shaped like a pumpkin for Helloweens "Halloween" single

(2) Japanese singles that have the 3" CD's of "Dr. Stein" and "Future World"

Lanzer- Dan Zimmermans band before Gamma Ray/signed by Dan

And best of all: All 5 previous Edguy releases and both Avantasia CD's signed by Tobias Sammett.

i also have three KISS Roadcases used by the band from 1977-1995. Also the original artwork for the 'KISS LOVEGUN" that came inside the Kiss-Love Gun Album, as well as the original artwork for the booklet that came with KISS alive II.. And NO i didnt get it from Ebay. i also have a lot of cool stuff that came inside the cases. Fake eyelashes, feathers, allen wrenches, set lists, ear plugs. all kinds of crap. i have one for sale that used to be Paul's effects rack. I'm a drummer and i cant use it.

From Blind Guardian's concert in Chicago I got the setlist.

Also, from a Manowar concert I got Joey DeMaio's can of Bud he downed and threw into the audience... Why'd I keep it? Heck if I know, but I caught it...

-Tan

My personal favorite is a signed Children of Bodom's Follow the Reaper liners by Alexi, Janne, Jaska, and Henka that Janne also spilt a glass of vodka on :D but the rarest collectable I have is a CD pressing of Angra's Reaching Horizons demo that I bought USED (who the hell would sell it?) at this CD store in CT.