Coolest Music Collectables You Own.

I've got a lot of stuff, but these stand out:

1. A spent shotgun shell from Jesse James Dupree's (Jackyl) mikestand, which is a shotgun. I had him sign it next time I saw them.

2. A signed copy of Jackyl's "Night of the Living Dead" CD. I was in attendance at that show.

3. A signed vinyl cover of Savatage's "Hall of the Mountain King" given to me by two of my best friends for Christmas (thanx - Kim and Don!!). This is the only signature in my possession of my guitar god - Criss Oliva.

4. A personally signed pic from Dog the Bounty Hunter.

5. My favorite rarity - The original cover from the Beatles "Yesterday and Today" album, which was banned after a very few copies were released. It was very un-Beatle-like. It had the Fab Four with dismembered baby dolls all over them. They were dressed in butcher smocks and held meat cleavers (the original Dr. Butcher!!). How that ever got released is beyond me!! I had a record guy tell me a few years ago it was worth several thousand $$ !! I don't think I'll ever part with it!!

Chris :headbang:

Well, An autographed drumhead from Destinys End drummer from the debut release party in Houston would be my most cherished...We hung out with James for two days after he and his girlfriend picked us up at the Jack In The Box by the airport...and something about boobies and other things which I shall not go into

Post some of the coolest, rarest music related stuff you own.

I only have one thing (other than 2 or 3 autographed CDs), but it's a unique item. I'm the proud owner of the Pain of Salvation soccer ball from the TPE sessions.

Yes, fellow PoS fans...that's right, I own the "football" used by the band to relax during the recording sessions of "The Perfect Element, Part 1," autographed by the band and personally delivered to me by Fredrik Hermansson at ProgPower III. :headbang:

Funny part was Fredrik's reply after I e-mailed him asking how/where to meet, etc to pick up the soccer ball. He said, "Just wear a big sign stating who you are and that you want to feel the ball of PoS...no, wait! That could come out wrong..."

:lol:

Craig

got lots of autographed stuff but I like my old flyers when bands where just starting out. Trying to find the W.A.S.P. and other flyers I posted in my closet
closet.jpg

venom.jpg

citykidd.jpg

heathen.jpg

also, the original (VHS) box set of Queensryche - Operation: Livecrime, if that qualifies.

I have that one as well...not long after it went out of print, my cassette player ate the cassette that came with it. I was thrilled a few years ago to find they had re-released it on CD.

I also have a vinyl copy of "The Warning" signed on the back by all the band members. I need to get that one framed...

Interesting thread...hmm.

My most prized possession is the vinyl version I have of the first Kiss album. A friend (and collectible dealer) verified that it is one of the original pressing (first 100,000 copies)...and that's pretty fucking cool to me.

In high school and college, I used to put band logos on 12"x12" sheets of sturdy drafting paper and get them autographed at shows, having them framed after...the best one being Savatage from Gutter Ballet (Jon, Criss, Chris, Johnny Lee, and Doc).

Notable autographed albums or CDs are:

Sanctuary's "Into The Mirror Black" CD...all members
Fates Warning's "Night On Brocken" LP (original cover) by Jim and Joe
UFO's "Phenomenon" CD by Michael Schenker

In 11 days I'm hoping to add an autograph to one of my rarities...and that would be to get Al Pitrelli to sign my Morning Wood CD...(now if I can only meet Tony Harnell...hmm)...

Rock on!

Some cool and rare collectibles in my collection...hmmmmmm

Twilightning - Affection Seeker (4 song EP) probably one of the rarest power metal releases ever. 500 produced with the bulk being shipped off to Japan many years ago.

Mystic Prophecy - Savage Souls VINYL. Pretty cliche that only 666 were made.

Gemini - Gemini (Lance Kngs hair metal band. I own this on both cassette, and CD)

Vice - Hot Wet Just Looking At You (Ultra rare vinyl of the band that started off with ROB ROCK on vocals)

Sunset Strip - Strippin Time (Mega rare glam band with Nils, and Thorstein from PAGANS MIND)

Many more but I got a buzz up the wazoo and cant think straight right now haha.

Speakin of autographs I got 2 license plates signed. Symphony X and Dream Theater. Sadly if someone offered me 200 bucks for em Id sell them haha.

SYMFNYXSIGNED.jpg

YTSEJM.jpg

This officially licensed double vinyl (blue and white swirl) version of Agalloch's "Pale Folklore" put out by Profound Lore Records, coinciding with their "Day of the Equinox" performance a couple years back. The vinyl comes in a wooden box, with different photos in each box taken by one of the band members. This was limited to 60 copies (I have #55).
IMG_0245.jpg

From Woods of Ypres, a Canadian band that's not too well-known but does have a couple albums out (with a third on the way any month now), I have the musical 'story board' from the band's founder/main member, which is a about a 2' x 4' dry erase board charting out the songs for the "Pursuit of the Sun, Allure of the Earth" album. It's priceless to me, worthless to many.
POTSAOTE-1.jpg

Setlists from the ...And Justice for All tour, Agnostic Front, Pro-Pain
IMG_0246.jpg

I also have a few things autographed, including the original pressing of Glenn Danzig's "Black Aria" signed by him, as well as a bible autographed by Glenn Danzig and Clive Barker, with the notation "Jesus Wept...".

Autographs:

I've got all 6 Soilwork Discs, each signed by a different member of the band (including Peter).

Lacuna Coil comalies (slipcase edition)

Dimmu Borgir Death Cult Armageddon (slipcase edition)

Into Eternity Buried in Oblivion

Epica We Will Take You With Us DVD @ PPVII

Mercenary 2 latest CDs @ PPVII

Evergrey Recreation Day (special edition bound case, got Jonas to sign by his pic when he was a drum tech!)

Circus Maximus 1st Chapter @ PPVII

In Flames Colony and Come Clarity (signed the poster that came with the special edition of CC)

I've got Dragonforce and Evergrey pics from shows.

Also got a setlist from Soilwork's show @ the Masquerade 11/01/06

Here's a few old school collectable's:

Yngwie Malmsteem - signed pick he threw at me that I caught when I was as front of stage on the first Alcatrazz tour, along with signed No Parole From Rock & Roll and Rising Force vinyl.

Ozzy/Randy Rhoads - Picture Discs from Blizzard of Ozz and single w/b-sides.

Queensryche - signed Degarmo pics for Operation Mindcrime tour while hanging backstage with the the band. Just had to be sure to watch your neck on the way out, I'm sure at least some of that crowd were bloodsuckers...

Rush - Signed tour guides from Signals & Grace Under Pressure.

Some really cool photos from up front of 80's bands, but early Yngwie/Alcatrazz/Rising Force pics and Van Halen 1984 live pics are standouts.

There's other stuff, but that what came off the top of my head...

Man, there is a lot of cool stuff here. DrumRman, I am tempted to offer you the $200 for those license plates. Very cool! Some of mine:

*Original Pressing of Metallica's "Kill 'Em All" on CD (the only difference between this and the one you can buy now is it also has "Am I Evil" and "Blitzkrieg" on it)

*Original copy of Metallica's "The $9.98 C.D.-Garage Days Re-Revisited" on CD

*Iced Earth "Horror Show" poster signed by Schaffer on my birthday at PPIII (He actually wrote 'Happy Birthday Jason!' on it.)

*Autographed copy of Iron Maiden's "Brave New World"

*The 12" vinyl single of "Stars" (I was blown away when I found this one in a bin at a record show for like a buck!)

*An original LP of Iron Maiden's "Iron Maiden" (This one still has the price tag on the plastic wrap and it is dated "11/6/82"!)

*A signed and numbered Allen Jaeger (concert poster artist) Pantera poster

*My autographed Brave poster from when I booked them for a show; not to mention pictures of them playing at my wedding last year.

I also have too many signed CD's to mention, as well as a lot of signed posters and limited edition stuff that came as freebies to the record store I used to work at.:headbang: