Coolest Music Collectables You Own.

Lots of signed stuff -

Iron Maiden - Maiden Japan (everyone but Steve Harris (1982) & had the guys sign my guitar lesson's staff book as well.
Saxon - Strong Arm of the Law - Signed sometime around 83-85
Same lesson book signed by Paul Chapman & Pete Way (1982)
Tons of Mike Keneally signed stuff setlists, Ltd Edition cds etc.
Autographed records from Krokus, UFO, Cinderella, Metal Church (original lineup), Steve Vai, Ozzy signed Tribute 2 lp set.
Early DTFC signed promo picture
Primal Fear signed promo shot
+ more that I can't think of at the moment

The ONE I miss the most is my departed Ibanez Jem in the original Loch Ness Green, hand numbered/signed by Vai. Still had plastic on the pickguard & covers, handrest, matching #'ed case, NOS.... It was dead mint......Had to sell it during an extended bout of unemployment.

I did pick up a Caparison Applehorn Aurora (The first production Mattias IA Eklundh model) off of E-bay late last year and it seems that these are getting harder to come by, but it doesn't sit in its case, it gets played every week at home...

Oh, on the cover of Erect Records Rock For Poland, a 17-18 year old JW is in the crowd shot on the front cover. Erect Records was out of Indiana, I think, and they did a live benefit show at the Villa Park, IL Odeon (iirc) The Laser Band, A thrash band I can't remember the name of, and a Southern Rock band played that night.....(I'm at work & can't dig out the LP)

That's all I can remember for now.....

This one won't mean anything to most people here (unless you're into 60s psychedelic music), but my most treasured musical possession is an unplayed 45 vinyl single of C.A. Quintet's Blow To My Soul from their album Trip Thru Hell (1969). It is the only known copy signed by the vocalist.

The band really only had success in the Midwest, but diehard psychedelic fans know them. Blow To My Soul is one of my favorite songs, of any genre.

i got a megadeth disc that came in a die cut dolls head

Cool, that sounds like the 3-track single I got. I have no idea if it was ever officially for sale, but it was given to the first 20 or so people in line at midnight to buy the full 'Deth CD.

Speaking of awesome freebies, I'm not sure how 'rare' this is, but one of the best freebies I've ever gotten was a 'best of' promotional CD called Building Blox from King's X. It was offered for free to members of the Ytsejam Mailing List wayyy back when by a label rep. They'v since released an actual Best Of disc, but I like that one more. :heh:

What a cool topic and read! Must list Todd's coolest thing first. Yngwie drew a rather *odd* looking dude for him while they were hanging out on the tour bus some years back. Kind of a cartoon type psychopath on the back of a promo 8x10. I should scan it, come to think of it.

I have a small collection of picks, with my most prized one being from Jason Becker. Hung out with the Cacophony guys after a show at Gazarri's up in Hollywood and was fortunate enough to chat with Jason for a good while. Very, very fond memory.

Signed set list from Lynch Mob and a couple of others I can't remember off the top of my head. Absolutely insane show South of the Border at Iguana's in Tijuana. I kid you not, a huge mosh pit shut down their set for almost 20 minutes.

APSoG with a couple of the guy's John Hancocks, including Ray's "You're very worthy!" (wasn't there for sound check and asked my friend to have him sign it with "You're not worthy") hehehe

Purely sentimental: My copies of Marcel's CD & DVD, because they're the 1st label releases I've ever been on. And the little piece of paper we wrote down the Dutch phrases/translations I learned before the show. :)

1. Testament - The New Order on Vinyl autographed
2. G3 - backstage laminant V.I.P. pass
3. Photo with Bon Jovi and Stride backstage
4. Autographed Rush meet and greet pass
5. Autographed DVD cover of "Crossroads" by Steve Vai
6. Autographed 8x10 "Crate amp" press photo of Marty Friedman
7. many many autographed cd inserts
8. over 40 personalized guitar picks from various bands and tours
9. Twisted Sister - Autographed backstage V.I.P. laminant
10. Lamb Of God all access laminant autographed along with my own personal video footage of the Austin Texas show with Trivium.
But my most treasured memorobelia would be the 2 hour conversation I had with Billy Sheehan after a Steve Vai show in Houston Texas. He was a very down to earth guy joking and talking mostly about his time with David Lee Roth and Vai on the road and the various things that happened during his time with Mr. Big. :)

see if this comes out
813652_50_full.jpg

I have Satriani's Surfing With The Alien on Vinyl (the first Album I ever bought with my own money) in mint condition, Signed by Joe, Stu Hamm, Jeff Campitelli and Jonathan Mover, along with a Satch pick framed in my guitar room. I also have pics of me meeting the guys when thay signed it.

Dream Theater - Live Scenes From NY. Original cover art (Burning NYC skyline, pulled from shelves day after 9/11) Signed by the band

I also have a signed program, tickets and poster of the one night only "Strings of Fire" performance that Steve Vai did with the Tokyo Orchestra a few years ago in Japan. Oh, and pics of my wife and I hanging out with Steve and his kids in the dressing room.

I have the Ibanez WRB-3 guitar that Reb Beach used in the Winger video for Hungry as well as on the cover of his old REH video. It's signed by Reb.

Drum Sticks from Dream Theater, Megadeth, Van Halen, Iron Maiden and Stryper. All signed by the respective drummers.

I have one of the old Stryper bibles thrown out during their concerts signed by the band.

Autographed Ibanez Universe signed by Vai. Ibanez JPM100-P2 signed by Petrucci. Oh, and an ESP M-2 that my wife had signed by Joan Jett.

I am sure I am forgetting stuff so I will probably have to edit this later...

I have countless autographed stuff, a handful of setlists, bunch or rare & hard to find CDs and some vinyl, a fuck load of guitar picks...some from Queensryche, the Cult, Gamma Ray, Cheap Trick, Life of Agony, Kiss, Beautiful Creatures, Skid Row, Warrant, to name a few.

2 drumsticks from Matt Sorum (the Cult) during the 2001 Beyond Good & Evil tour. Got one at a show in 7/01 and I met him afterwards, he was cool as shit and he autographed the stick. got the 2nd from a show in 11/01.

Drumstick from Simon Wright (Dio) 6/02

Alice Cooper's Cane 10/01

Drumstick...torn to fucking shreds....from Dr Killdrums himself, from PPV. It got caught in my hair while I was headbanging.:headbang:

thats about all I can think of/see from where I'm sitting

I'm surprised I haven't seen like 50 people mention Orphaned Land's Ararat EP signed by the band. Since a ton of them were sold at the preparty that year. :heh:

I don't have much besides guitar picks for metal.

I do however have:
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring Soundtrack signed by Billy Boyd.
Evanescence - Origin. Signed by entire band lineup from Fallen.

A ton of other random non-music related signatures from sci fi actors & web comics.

Man, there is a lot of cool stuff here. DrumRman, I am tempted to offer you the $200 for those license plates. Very cool!

Well if you decide to at some point feel free to send me a PM.

Oops guess the images dont show since I changed servers...

SYMFNYXSIGNED.jpg

YTSEJM.jpg

I have a beer stained coaster with Ray Alder Signature on it somewhere in a drawer!:lol:

I used to keep the chunk of shattered glass from a loge rail that I broke at the LA Forum during the encore of Yes' Tormato tour too, but I finally chucked it, haha!! :lol:

I have a beer stained coaster with Ray Alder Signature on it somewhere in a drawer!:lol:

I used to keep the chunk of shattered glass from a loge rail that I broke at the LA Forum during the encore of Yes' Tormato tour too, but I finally chucked it, haha!! :lol:

Hmm, I have a coffee-cup actually used by Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth right before the interview we did at the Roxy Theater the last time they played here.......it has his DNA on it.......we could clone him......it's kept safe in a sealed plastic bag in my kitchen cabinet.......

Yes, really. I offered it to the Opeth fans waiting in line outside the venue for fifty cents, but there were no takers. :lol: :lol:

I've got that Ararat signed vinyl by Orphaned Land, BTW. It might have been wiser to not have it signed, since unsigned copies are probably scarcer than signed copies. :heh:

i have a cigarette butt from Lemmy, framed...hahah. i spose his spit is on it. hmm, that's kinda nast now that i think of it. just imagine how giddy i was scrambling out from under the pinball machine with Lemmy's cigarette butt!

I own one of the real copies of Iron Maiden's Soundhouse tapes. I've got lots of other cool Maiden stuff too but the soundhouse tapes is by far my favorite item.

Not necessarily a piece of memorabilia, but my coolest "metal" moment was definitely going to the Soulfly concert with Andreas Kisser and Derrick Green from Sepultura in NYC last year. Also were the SPV USA crew and the Metal Maniacs crew. That's a night to be remembered!!