Laptop and TV recs

The Ozzman

Melted by feels
Sep 17, 2006
In My Kingdom Cold
Okay, since my laptop went kaput and I have one of the old school TVs because I'm poor, I'd like some recommendations:

Laptop: Thinking of getting a customized Dell again, but I'm open to suggestions. Something under 900 bucks please (which automatically eliminates Apple, so if you suggest it, you're a niggerfaggot)

TV: I want a flat screen under 500 bucks (maybe 600 depending). Looking at a 32" screen.

I'd like recommendations from personal experience, not because you read it on a website

Go.

My last laptop (a Dell) went to shit as well (hard drive, same as yours). I went for an HP this time. It cost $700 and has almost double the space as my old Dell; for me that's great, because I mainly use my computer for writing and storing my music. I'm really enjoying it.

I am considering HP as well, but I've been reading reviews for some of them that say they crap out often, so I don't know. I have two external hard drives, so hard drive space is irrelevant for me right now. I'd like something with a nice sound/graphics card combo so I could start gaming again

Get your TV out of the garbage like I did

F3ORXPSFCRT3GPH.MEDIUM.jpg

???

I have a Dell which is now about two years old. I've had no problems with it despite two years of heavy use. The battery is having trouble staying charged but that is usually the first thing to go. The actual computer works great. I think when I bought mine it was around $1200 so you can problem get one with comparable power(2Ghz, 2GB RAM, 140Gig HD) for $900 now.

I have also heard good things about HP. It's probably good that you are staying away from Macs because they're pretty good computers but you're paying a little extra for the brand name. Their wireless hardware is also weak compared to Dell.

I am considering HP as well, but I've been reading reviews for some of them that say they crap out often, so I don't know. I have two external hard drives, so hard drive space is irrelevant for me right now. I'd like something with a nice sound/graphics card combo so I could start gaming again

I need to invest in an external hard drive. I just never have the spare change to go out and get one.

My HP does some weird things every once in a while, but I think that's because I leave it on for long periods of time (which I've tried to stop doing as of late; I used to leave my Dell on all the time).

I need to invest in an external hard drive. I just never have the spare change to go out and get one.

My HP does some weird things every once in a while, but I think that's because I leave it on for long periods of time (which I've tried to stop doing as of late; I used to leave my Dell on all the time).
Do you have Vista? If you do the hibernate option is good because it powers down but saves your state so you don't have to load all the start up programs again.

Acer laptops are good. I had mine for over 2 years, no software issues ever and I download a lot of questionable content. They're also light and very durable, only problem I have is the small 4 cell battery.

Dell Inspiron is a stud laptop. Great value for the price.

As for a tv, go with Samsung. Anything Samsung makes is great.

My b0rked Dell is an Inspiron 9200. I read some review on Best Buy that the new ones aren't very good, but those are the ones sold in stores. If I went Dell, I'd most likely just customize one on the website and have it shipped to me.

Acer laptops are good. I had mine for over 2 years, no software issues ever and I download a lot of questionable content. They're also light and very durable, only problem I have is the small 4 cell battery.

I heard Acers are kinda bunk, but whatever

Sony for TVs, Sager laptops.

Sony is a bit more pricey though. I was thinking Panasonic

I've had several customized Dell laptops and desktops, one customized HP laptop, and a couple of Gateways. I'll never buy another HP or Gateway. I currently use, and for the foreseeable future will to continue to use Dell.

Do you have Vista? If you do the hibernate option is good because it powers down but saves your state so you don't have to load all the start up programs again.

I do have Vista, and I almost never use the hibernate option; I usually put it to sleep. I'll try that from now on though.

Einherjar: Invest in a USB powered cooling stand. That might help things

Thanks, I'll look into it.