LASSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And other Marshall Lovers!!)

HAHAHAH .. for those gassing I have some great info for you :)

The ORIGINAL AFD amp was actualy a late 70s non mater volume Super Tremolo 2203, Basically any 2203 series will fit the bill. BUT the amp was modded by Tim Caswell who is still doing these mods for around $200..... Soooo get a 2203 from the late 70s or a JCM series for uber cheap off ebay ($500 to $700) and get the mod and your still under a grand!

I am now on the lookout for a 800 .... hahhahahahahahah

The tone really fucking blew me away. No boost just the mod, fucking sounds INCREDIBLE! This is probably the BEST sounding amp marshall has ever made imho. The thing just crunches like a mother fucker!

PS Is really nice when they get guys that can ACTUALLY PLAY to demo an amp! Granted not much on the "metal" side of things, but I really think you can get a feel for what it would sound like with some super heavy muting and pinch harmonic mastery!

Oh and for those of you wondering about the Cab and Speakers ... someone from Celestion posted this on the AFD site:

Don’t worry, the speakers are all good! They are the custom version of the Vintage 30 that we make exclusively for Marshall. They sound just the same as the standard model.
Kind regards,
Customer Service
Celestion, Claydon Business Park, Great Blakenham, Ipswich IP6 0NL, UK
T: 44 (0)1473 835300 W: www.celestion.com E: info@celestion.com

Try to find some sucker on craigslist willing to let go of an old school 800 with the Drake transformers.... (DROOOOOOL).

Either way, even if the AFD was $3000.00, I think it would be worth it. Not gonna get that internal power-break option from a 2203 or a JCM.

I used to hate Marshalls but the older I am, the more I like them.
It is the best amp for that rockish metal sound.

Best Marshall tone I ever heard, Impelliteri, "Screaming Symphony" (1996) and "Eye Of The Hurricane" (1997) albums for example, highly recommended albums for classic style lovers BTW... and one of the best shredders ever. Now he is with ENGL.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLFT8G-yelc&feature=related[/ame]

Sounds great! But I hate the colour of the metal in the faceplate. It should be gold(-ish), damnit! But anyway, nice amp, though seeing the price, I'll just stick with what I got.