Last Fair Day Gone Night Tour 2011

Coma323

Sep 6, 2007
Ledyard, CT
20 years of Katatonia going strong calls for a celebration and we'll be going just that by throwing five very special anniversary gigs in Europe this coming May presented as the 'Last Fair Day Gone Night - An Evening with Katatonia' tour 2011

We've decided to play the entire 'Last Fair Deal Gone Down' album front to back as that's the one album that got us true worldwide recognotion for the first time, but 2011 is also the album's 10th anniversary so re-visiting this album seems more fitting than any other record we've done. A second set will follow that will see us play a mix of tracks from the rest of our catalogue. We'll be doing some fan favourites classics but also look into a couple of obscure B-sides and such that we've never or hardly played live before. Together you should get over two hours of live music on this last fair day gone night.

Dates and venues are as follows:
May 4th – Kulturfabrik – Luxembourg
May 5th – Stollwerck – Cologne, Germany
May 6th – Koko – London, UK
May 7th – De Kade – Zaandam, Holland
May 8th – Alhambra – Paris, France

Fuck I wish I lived close to any of these dates...

Sounds cool but what's up with no Stockholm? Is it that hard to book a gig there? Are there that few venues to play at?

I'm a little baffled at all these contests though.....There were two other contests for the NITND album and i've never heard a winner announced, there was one for the guitars and another one before that that asked 5 questions about the bands past. I never heard a winner announced for either of these contests, what's up with that?

Fuuuuck.

Considering LFDGD has been my favorite album for 10 years now, I might just have to make it to one of these gigs.

The wife and I were planning on going to Italy/Greece for our 5 year wedding anniversary in June. Maybe I can talk her into bumping it up a month.

Sounds cool but what's up with no Stockholm? Is it that hard to book a gig there? Are there that few venues to play at?

I'm a little baffled at all these contests though.....There were two other contests for the NITND album and i've never heard a winner announced, there was one for the guitars and another one before that that asked 5 questions about the bands past. I never heard a winner announced for either of these contests, what's up with that?

You should make this a seperate thread since I think you have an important point (band members do browse here)

This news has me totally distracted from important work right now...

...but... Last Fair Deal Gone Down? Like... the whole thing? Two hours set? Obscure B-sides? In lovely May?
No work can be more important that that! =)

Totally going to Cologne as it's so close I can see it from my balcony *haha*. Thinking about London as well because the Koko has an amazing atmosphere and nice peepz working there... can only recommend it!
But I have to work on fridays *frowns*... or I could just run off~