Last Fair Day Gone Night Tour 2011

Great video of Wait Outside here.

I must say Jonas' voice sounds great!

Last edited by a moderator:
What a brilliant setlist! I have not cared much for Katatonia live in recent years, but now I regret not going to one of these shows.

Can someone describe the Night is the New Day 2LP in the VIP package? Is it any different from the white vinyl edition that Peaceville currently sell?

In the Wait Outside video did anyone else notice extra synths??? Fucking Frank Default is a genius! It would be a tragedy if his new backtracked versions of the songs are never released.

OMG. WAIT OUTSIDE.

Tears of joy!

*off to catch the train to cologne*

To all who are coming there too: see ya there!
same tears here !!! OMG I can't wait until saturday to finally listen to wait outside live... It seems that this weekend will be a really, really great weekend...

WOW! Cologne was insane! What a fucking great night! Perfect setlist, very nice performance and a very smooth, easy and exciting VIP-Experience that was. Really great. I got the original setlist after the gig and I already posted it on www.setlist.fm. I won't post it here because I don't want to spoil people who'll go to one of the forthcoming shows. It was incredible! Best Katatonia show so far, they're getting better and better with every time I see them. Really! Incredible!

How were Jonas' vocals in Brave?
And did they play it in the original tuning?

Jonas' screems were fantastic yesterday. Far better than any other extreme vocals I heard from him live.
I'm not sure but I fear (for you) that it was downtuned 3 halfsteps.
On other old songs they sometimes had capos at the 3rd fret.

Perfect setlist yesterday and a very good sound. Seems like they concentrated on getting a good produced sounding vocal chain for live. I liked it far better than singing in a stinking sm58 from the venue without compression on it ;)
The backing vocals of both Blakkheim and Sodomizer have been pretty good most of the time. But sometimes (f.e. Nephilim) they've been pretty horrible ;) But oh well... I don't wanna complain.
The new bassplayer fits in the "stagelook" much better now. He looks more mature now too with his beard :) Sodomizer was too much a clown for me, but I think most people liked his show.
Personally I was really glad to hear "I Break" and "Dissolving Bonds" live.
All the people that are going to this tour in the next days, have fun! :)

Special greetings to Swany and Cis. Always a pleasure. Tell me about the gig tomorrow :)

So I just come back to my little dorm cells and what can I say...

AWESOME.

What a wonderful setlist, much better sound than in the Doornroosje last year. Wait Outside sounded fantastic live.. and surprisingly Brave got the most singing along from the crowd (who was otherwise rather quiet when not cheering.. oh well). Its not my favorite song, but it really kicked ass and I certainly never expected it live. The only song that didn't work was... and is anyone surprised.. We Must Bury You. But again, oh well. Anders did a lot more backup this time, which was nice.. almost always in key, except in Nephilim and We Must Bury You.

And we sang happy birthday for one of the touring staff. And it seems that when they started to play Right Into The Bliss Anders or Sodomizer forgot to play lead, which was confusing. :D

My neck huuuurts, my throat is sore, my feet are reddish and I look like a hobo with narrow dress sense.

Sadly I didn't recognize anyone in the crowd (and boy was it full!) but I knew some of you guys were around.

Best wishes to those who'll see them later on, you are in for a treat!

Edit:

Intro magic! http://vimeo.com/23364119