Last Fair Deal Some Down

Originally posted by Mandy
I got Last Fair Deal Gone Down!!!! It's wonderful!! I love "Teargas." And the other songs of course.

It pretty much puts Discouraged Ones into perspective, doesn't it!

I got Last Fair Deal Gone Down!!!! It's wonderful!!

Another satisfied customer... :D

Now you just have to get all the other Katatonia releases and you're all set. ;) By the way Mandy, if you also enjoy heavier stuff with harsh vocals you should definately check out October Tide, Diabolical Masquerade and Bloodbath as well (these are all side-projects by members of Katatonia).

if you also enjoy heavier stuff with harsh vocals you should definately check out October Tide, Diabolical Masquerade and Bloodbath as well (these are all side-projects by members of Katatonia).

I will check them out as soon as the sound on my stupid computer decides to fix itself.

It's always wonderful to read of people who just got into Katatonia. It reminds me of myself when i started listening to them. Musically this was a new world for me,it kind of opened doors to feelings i never had before when listening to music.
Hey Mandy,enjoy this great band.

Originally posted by falling bird
It's always wonderful to read of people who just got into Katatonia. It reminds me of myself when i started listening to them. Musically this was a new world for me,it kind of opened doors to feelings i never had before when listening to music.
Hey Mandy,enjoy this great band.

yeah they were one of the first, i think the first band that oppened up 100's of doors, before them i was listening to rock and a bit of metal. since then i've got into opeth, nile, lacuna coil, the gathering, cryptopsy, my dying bride, behemoth etc...

i'd like to go back to the first time i heard katatonia, i remember i was so impressed with for my demons that i never listened to any other tracks for a few days, just that on repeat, then the first 3 songs for about a week, before i listened to the whole album, i just couldn't stop listening to the first 3 songs, katatonia rule, i want a katatonia ruler :cool:

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
Yeah, it makes you realise how utterly stunning DO really is :p

Yourdeadgroom strikes again. :rolleyes:

While not getting into the argument of what is the better album, I'll end it here by saying Last Fair Deal shits all over Discouraged Ones.

I've just got the band called Slowdive, album 'Just for a Day'.
Not metal(=great ;)), but very mellow/atmospheric, katatonia list them as their influences.
Worth checking out.

PS The Gathering have covered their When the Sun Hits on Kevin's Telescope mcd i think