Last.fm

actionfan32

Jun 14, 2006
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
So, do we have any other Novembers Doom fans on last.fm? For anybody who doesn't know, last.fm's an awesome site (in my opinion the best music site around right now). Basically you download a program which keeps track of the songs you listen to on whatever player you use on the computer and every week generates charts such as overall and weekly artists, songs, etc.

And it's a really great site for discovering bands too - it shows similar bands for every band's page you go on, has charts for the bands (so you can see what song people on the site listen to the most from each band), as well a lot of bands have 30-second song previews you can listen to right on the page, etc. I actually discovered ND because of last.fm :D

And now they've just recently added an "events" feature to the site so you can find out what shows (both local and non-local) are happening in your area.

So anyway, all you people who are signed up (I know there's at least a few of you), post your usernames, and if you're not signed up yet, do it! And join the ND group, there are only 17 people in it right now.

My username - http://www.last.fm/user/actionfan32/

The ND artist page - http://www.last.fm/music/Novembers+Doom
The ND group page - http://www.last.fm/group/Novembers+Doom

(And I'm sure Paul and Larry will be very happy to see that "Torn" isn't even in the top 15 most played ND songs ;):lol:)

Yeah, last.fm is teh shit. I'm stefan86 on there as well and I just joined the group and all. The event function is excellent news btw, both for seeing what gigs bands are doing and eventually meeting up with people etc. :)

Maybe I should do some spamage on "Torn"'s behalf, I actually like that song ;)

*sigh* No no, we've been over this on the forum about five million times!

We don't dislike "Torn" because it's softer or anything like that. Seeing as "Through a Childs Eyes" is much softer than that, we obvioulsy don't mind "soft" moments.

"Torn" is a case where we being the artists who created it, were not satisfied with the way it finally turned out. I think the initial song idea of Eric's was very good and had potential but in the end I think we rushed it and it just wasn't as fully formulated as other songs of his at the time, like "Broken" which I feel is much more compelling. There's just alot of things about "Torn" that didn't really work out for us, and Paul in particular has a hard time with it. I voted for the song to be included on the disc, but I do feel that it's one of the lesser songs on the album.

As for Silent Tomorrow, I like that song, so does Paul. Ironically, that was a case where Eric wasn't satisfied with it. So basically we're even I guess lol

People have gotten the impression we dislike "Silent Tomorrow" because we won't play it live. Our sole reason for not playing it live, is because without the keyboards and proper atmosphere, the song falls flat in the live setting. That's all.