Last show

Bass Fellow

Feb 7, 2002
Downtown
Visit site
The last show of the tour was definitly not the least. I will go into unwanted detail, sorry. As soon as we got there a garbage cannister caught on fire and it's heads up for all police. Then I got checked by the metal detector. I have nine screws and a plate in my leg. Lit up like a Christmas tree' "Go ahead sir". My buddy goes through, his pack of smokes set it off,"Sir please stop we must search you". We haven't purchased tickets yet. We wait in line and when we get to the front the man asks for our voucher. We're like what voucher, we were told that we could get tickets here. The guy slips us two free tickets. Now I had every intention of buying one but what would you do? Hopefully I made up for it by buying an Anthrax hat. It was played at The Palace where NBA team Detroit Pistons play(fairly big). The whole floor sold out and 90%of the lower bowl sold with straglers in the top. I couldn't fucking believe it. I thought maybe 750-1000 people would show up. Approximately 4000 at my guess. If anyone could get a confirmation it would be great. They had a backdrop of Ratfink from Cartoons. When the houselights go down the Blues Brother theme kicks in. The set list was the same as the ones posted here previously except: about ten seconds of Turbo Lover( that's what the guys behind me told me, I couldn't even fucking recognize it), then Ripper came out a sang Caught in a Mosh with John. They exchanged verses then some in unison ("were you dropped as a baby 'cause brains you lack"). Fucking cool! The guys were totally stoked playing that type of venue again. Both John and Scott said it was the best audience of the tour. :tickled: Ya had to be there but after 'Superhero'John asked "Does that have balls?". A giant "Yeah" from the crowd. Then John with a very tounge in cheek responding "COOL". At the end of Priest's set (took a little effort, but...) the guys came back out and sang a few measures of 'United'. Scott had his own mic while the others were on one. I'm pretty sure that other one wasn't even turned on. My friend said one of the guys was cupping his hands over his mouth. I saw them all laughing and pointing at something on the stage and were very afraid to touch it. Afterwards, a roadie came out and cleaned it up. Probably puke but could someone find out please. Then these exotic dancers came on for Priest's encore. I don't know if it was routine or a joke set up by the guys. Ripper and the bass player(fuck, I can't remeber his name) were getting "handled" big time and kept cracking up. Well, that's it. Hope ya found it interesting and not causing too many headaches.

That kinda of crowd is great! When you figure that in most other cities, they were pretty much playing the same venues that Anthrax themselves headline, I figured this show in Detroit would be a joke! I guess that is why KISS wrote "Detroit Rock City." I hope someone will surface with a bootleg video of this show.

Well guess what? I was there too!
Anthrax absolultely ruled! I had floor tickets, row 22 to be exact. Had a bunch of priest fans around me, and most of them all had their arms crossed. Most of them didn't hardly do a thing during the entire anthrax set, so that was disappointing. I, on the other hand, was moshing all i could in my small area around my seat. I stayed for all of anthrax of course, but took off after about 4 songs of priest. I decided to sit way up high behind the frat boys for priest, and since i didn't care much for them, i took off. Tried buying a Metalus Maximus shirt in XL, but sold out really quick> Must have not had many in stock.
Eehehhe, the controlers for the live camera people sucked. girls kept trying to show their boobs, and they would switch to another camera right away. Anyway, superhero was pretty awesome, and i went nutz during Room for one More. Can't wait till the summer tour, it's gonna kick ass!

TD, I remember a previous post and I thought it was going to be the same way. Fucking incredible! Yeah, if anyone has a bootleg fucking sign me up. Anthraxfan, that fucking cameraman got my fatass on the monitors. I was wearing a Nugent shirt (mucho respecto in Detroit). How about the dude who could pop his eyes out of his head! LOL I lost it when Scott gave the devil's horns and said "stay metal" and they fucking show that dude. The incarnate of evil! LOL Also, it was really cool at the end of Priest's set, he got this like ten year old kid with his dad in the front row banging his fists. There were so many generations there. It was also funny when Scott thanked everyone for buying so many tickets so they didn't have to play Harpos this time. Don't feel bad about the Maximus shirt. The lady I talked to said that only the Killer B's shirt came in X-large.

Actually, there was more like 8000 people at the Palace on Tuesday night. They had sold over 6,000 tickets before the day of the show and the"walk up" was nearing 2,000 when last checked. The Priest song that Anthrax played was "Solar Angels" off of the POINT OF ENTRY album.