last SYl album.

B-lial

malebolgia's creation
Dec 9, 2001
hybreedart.free.fr
hi every1, i've just listened to the new song of SYL called "devour" and damn i must say im quiet disapointed, i mean where's the apocalyptic side of city?? the riffs aren't very original, the construction of the song too..its very simple and lack of interest..i hope the rest of the album will be better..
this opus was supposly done mainly for hoglan who wanted to play sth raw again..but its like im listening to some poor early Devin album...any of you have listened to it yet?? i know its officialy not released yet but...

I've heard three so far, from samples and the EP. Relentless is ok, but it's just a short little song. Devour I'm liking more over time. Aftermath is great. This album doesn't sound much like City though, it's been 5 years since that was done and Devin isn't so pissed off anymore. It seems more ironic than dark or angry.

the new album is great.

I for one don't want another City...and Devy is not one to repeat himself.

this album takes time to grow on you.

but it's another classic in the making IMO.

the pure brutality and angst of SYL, coupled with the melodicism that only Devy can pull out of this kind of music.

Originally posted by azal
the new album is great.

the pure brutality and angst of SYL, coupled with the melodicism that only Devy can pull out of this kind of music.

You read my mind Azal! ;)

the new album is fucking amazing.why does everyone have to be so overly anylistic about everything.

heard relentless, devour, and aftermath the latter two are brutal and crushing, the first is more contemplative...

out of 10
relentless= 8,5
devour= 10
aftermath =9,5

Originally posted by threak
the new album is fucking amazing.why does everyone have to be so overly anylistic about everything.

i'm not trying to put down anyone just because i expect quality from the remaining interesting bands of the metal scene.
its just you hear something and you say..damw.its supposed to be devin but where are all the details that he used to put in his sound? thats what came to me when i listened devour for the first time..thats why i asked about the rest of the album before judging.

the new album is great.

Indeed, Indeed.

the new album is great.

I'll agree with you.
I got an advance copy on 2.3.03 & it's different.
I can't say I don't like it & I can't say I dislike it.
I'll give it time. There's some killer stuff on there.