Later Katatonia kind of metal....

ArneZ

No rules in metal
Nov 19, 2006
Would like something that sounds close to later Novembre and Katatonia albums. Doom\Depressive metal...thanks.

YOU WANT DEPRESSING METAL?

watchingfromadistance.jpg

Warning - Watching from a distance

Have all October Tide releases and everything by Jonas Renkse. Love it.
Will check out The Morningside, Warning and The Cure. Im also a fan of doom\gothicish bands like; Before the Dawn, Draconian, As Daylight Dies, Swallow the Sun and Paradise Lost. So if you got anything else to add to my depressing artist list, please do it. thanks.

That album by The Cure wasn't a suggestion, it's just that guy's signature. They are most definitely NOT a metal band.

Stylistically I'm not sure how similar these bands are, but if you want melancholy gothic/doom, check out:

Virgin Black
While Heaven Wept

That album by The Cure wasn't a suggestion, it's just that guy's signature. They are most definitely NOT a metal band.

haha, I just found out. Gave me a good laugh.

Stylistically I'm not sure how similar these bands are, but if you want melancholy gothic/doom, check out:

Virgin Black
While Heaven Wept

Never gotten into Virgin Black, but will try again.
Will check out While Heaven Wept, thanks.

The Cure isn't an odd rec though. Compare some Katatonia with them, not at all a far fetch. Katatonia is just more metal. And While Heaven Wept is fantastic.

Disintegration is extremely upbeat and far more positive than the first few albums by The Cure. It's definitely not pure sorrow, or even a very sad album at all.

Considering that a lot of the songs are more reflectively themed than sad, I'd have to disagree. Not to mention that it's extremely upbeat and full of lush, bright tones and poppy arrangements. Like I said earlier, their earlier albums are way darker and more sorrowful.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE3V-5-LLqw&feature=PlayList&p=05306FF85176B0E3&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE3V-5-LLqw&feature=PlayList&p=05306FF85176B0E3&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3[/ame]