Latest Haul...

rgbeach

Feb 11, 2002
Chicago
www.hexology.com
Over the past few days, I've picked up the following CDs. I'd be interested in hearing anyone and everyone's opinion.

Prototype - Lifeforce. from their Psychosis days, very much classic thrash, sounds a lot like Testament.

Prototype - Cloned v2.1. still thrashy, but much more progressive, I'm really getting into it.

Chris Brooks - The Master Plan. Awesome! If you like instrumental, guitar-oriented music this is a must have.

Neue Regel - In A Word. Very progressive/technical. Has some similarities to Sieges Even and Queensryche, especially the vocals. Great stuff.

Gordian Knot - Emergent. Listening to it for the first time right now, and really digging it.

Dead Soul Tribe - s/t. Haven't heard it yet, but am really interested based on all the positive feedback I've heard.

That's it for now.

Bob

Originally posted by _Cha0s_
somehow my computer keeps crashing everytime I try to listen to any of the clips, I'll check them out later.

Hmmm. I just downloaded them and they played without any problems. I can burn you a CD with the stuff if you want. Let me know.

Originally posted by rgbeach
Hmmm. I just downloaded them and they played without any problems. I can burn you a CD with the stuff if you want. Let me know.

I just downloaded some of the clips, sounds interesting, I like they're early stuff

I grabbed today:
Stygma IV - Phobia
Darkside - Shadowfields
Ninnghizhidda - Blasphemy
Love Like Blood - Snakekiller
Disinter - Welcome To Oblivion

they were on sale: each one 90% off from the normal price :Spin:

Snakekiller is an odd CD: the surface that carries the tracks is black (not silver). this is the second CD I have with a black surface.
anyone knows what/why this is? does that have any (dis)advantages?

opacity said:
I grabbed today:
Stygma IV - Phobia
Darkside - Shadowfields

Snakekiller is an odd CD: the surface that carries the tracks is black (not silver). this is the second CD I have with a black surface.

Cool, man! Make sure you let us know if you like them.

As for the black CDs, I'm not sure either. If I find something out, I'll let you know.

opacity said:
I grabbed today:
Stygma IV - Phobia
Darkside - Shadowfields

from information that i have received, the difference between the black and the silver is all in appearance. it has nothing to do with quality, except if the CD itself is of a higher quality. color is all in the appearance.

aha. so it's a sort of gag :D

ok, my impressions so far:

Stygma IV - Phobia (2001)
better than I thought. I knew Stygma IV (former Stigmata, but they had to change the name for legal reasons) play melodic/power metal (which is a sensitive thing in my case; in most cases I don't like the high vocals :p ); I only bought it to support my own country's musicians ;) but this album is better than I expected.

Darkside - Shadowfields (1996)
another Austrian band, but I didn't know that beforehand (saw it later when reading the booklet). what they play... dunno :Spin: dark metal, growls (death metal growls),... I have no idea how to describe them
EDIT: just found this one (http://www.metal-rules.com/review/viewreview.php?band=&album=&post_by=&rating=&month=&letter=D&year=&pos=45) maybe that helps a bit )

Ninnghizhidda - Blasphemy (1998)
ok, this is the highlight of this haul :Spin: I knew a few songs before and they were... ok. nothing I'd buy immediately, but when I listened to this album, I thought "damn, how could I miss them" hehe :)
symphonic, black metal, screams alter with growls

Love Like Blood - Snakekiller (1998)
hm, listened too little to say more than: black surface :lol:

Disinter - Welcome To Oblivion (2000)
death metal :D slower and groovy, typical real deep grunting