a Latest Haul that is not Terry's!

Shadow298

UNLEASH THE GUAN
Sep 4, 2002
Without the Darkness
Visit site
yeah, just being my usual prick self. :p
but have gotten a bit lately, mainly impulse purchases through boredom (which is why you shouldn't have a boring job right next to JB and get a discount at said JB store).

so here is my latest haul:

Thursday:

Iron Maiden - Real Live Dead One & The X Factor -had to fill in the gaps in my collection. Just need Rock In Rio and that's it until the next lot of releases.

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Alone In IZ World -the angelic voiced Hawaiian folk singer whom people may know for his cover of Somewhere Over the Rainbow which was used in the film 50 First Dates and a Dulex Paint ad many years ago.
He has the lightest sweetest voice that is so heart wrenchingly beautiful.

Saturday:

20th Anniversary Transformers: The Movie Soundtrack -got this as pure impulse becaused walked by the soundtrack section and wondered if they had it and, low & behold, they did. So had to get despite being so filled to the brim with 80's cheese.

Special Edition 2 Disc version of Transformers: The Movie DVD -after got the CD and listened to it with the guys who work in the store I guard (Clive Anthonys on weekends) said that I should just go back up to the store and grab it so we could watch it for the last half hour of the store.
It actually looks good in the remastered form, in both full screen and wide screen version (on seperate DVDs).

Ranma 1/2 series 3 -a weird and random anime series which I have a liking for.

My Dying Bride - For Lies I Sire - My Dying Bride's latest opus and my favourite relase by them to date. Lacking the extreme darkness and suicidal nature of their songs of Darkness, Words of Light release from several years ago, this is a lighter but still emotive and movign album. Really shows the range of their musicianship.

Sunday:

The Thin Red Line -one of the great war movies ever made. Simply because it's both a poem and a war film not really about the war but about the souls involved in it.
incredibly moving in an almost Children of Men way.:cry:

Monday (today):

Sieges Even - Paramount - a CD that I've been meaning to get for ages and ages but wanted to wait until it went on sale. Since that wasn't going to happen, decided to buy it outright and really am enjoying it. :headbang:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3) -a game that I've been told to play for ages but didn't want to get on the 360 because of having to pay to play the multiplayer campaigns, so got it on special (new for $49) and will play later. From the very little that I have played previous, I liked it despite being a realistic FPS game.
More for casual game play than anything else.

well, that's my haul of the past week, what about you guys?
anything new and interesting that you want to talk about?

Been listening to The X Factor a bit lately while I am on my Blaze bender. The Edge Of Darkness is one of my favourite songs. Amazing. And followed by 2am. *swoon*

haven't had much of a listen to it because it wouldn't read on my PC and had so many other CDs to listen to on the CD player.

still love Man on the Cross but will give the others a listen ASAP. :)

i won't have a haul for awhile got a Red Xbox Elite on layby :D, comes with Resident Evil 5, 120 gig hard drive, HDMI and Halo Wars Collectors Edition (which i'll trade not interested in Halo).

cant wait :D then around tax time im getting a HDTV so until those 2 are paid for i won't be getting any hauls for awhile :D

i won't have a haul for awhile got a Red Xbox Elite on layby :D, comes with Resident Evil 5, 120 gig hard drive, HDMI and Halo Wars Collectors Edition (which i'll trade not interested in Halo).

cant wait :D then around tax time im getting a HDTV so until those 2 are paid for i won't be getting any hauls for awhile :D

Sounds good, Tez. How much?

Sounds good, Tez. How much?

the Red Elite is $569, so far i've paid off $400.

It might sound like a waste when i already have a xbox 360 cept....

*I need the 120 gig hard drive as my 20 gig is at capacity n the 120 gig is $180-200 by itself
*both my controllers are fucked or getting close to it from wear and tear (they cost $60-80 each
*My actual console is starting to get fucked, the dvd drive thing won't open n close properly and at some point its not gonna open at all! (had it happen to my original xbox) repairs could cost $100-150 maybe even more i don't know how much Microcock charge for repairs and im out of warranty for the disc drive
*When i eventually get the HDTV i wanna use HDMI and the old versions of the 360 don't have HDMI

and its red :D http://ebgames.com.au/xbox/product.cfm?id=13985&refer=consoles