Latest Haul

Seventh Son

Zero Salvation
Apr 16, 2001
Sydney, Australia
homepage.mac.com
Just got back from Utopia. Picked up quite a few goodies.

CD's:
1. The new Megadeth. (Loads better than Risk, starting to get back to what they are good at)
2. Ice Age - Liberation. (Best album of all time)
3. Steve Morse Band - Stressfest. (This one rocks more than I expected it to)
4. Smith/Hamm/Gambale - (talent supreme)

Vids:
1. Steve Morse - The Essentials. (This guy is unbelievable)
2. Rod Morgenstein (Dixie Dregs drummer - he's a hell of alot better than I thought he'd be. Some of the fastest playing I've seen)
3. John Petrucci (For a first instructional vid - fucking unbelievable, he is so fast and precise)

Also:
IM - Clairvoyant Flag (Awesome - better than my poster of it)

Originally posted by Seventh Son

Vids:
2. Rod Morgenstein (Dixie Dregs drummer - he's a hell of alot better than I thought he'd be. Some of the fastest playing I've seen)

I have one Morgenstein release which is that CD he did with Jordan Rudess. I liked the Rudess tracks, but the Morgenstein ones really, really, really quite annoy me a bit :)

Today I bought:

CDs:
1. Fear Factory - Digimortal
2. Transatlantic

Hopefully they're good! I always seem to like Mike Portnoy's side-project things, so hopefully Transatlantic doesn't disappoint.

I went to utopia today too :) You might have seen me there, did you see a really dopey looking guy with long blonde hair?

I got: Deth-World needs a hero
Eidolon-Nightmare world (very cool!!)
Savatage-Poets and madmen
Forbidden-Forbidden evil
Kamelot-The fourth legacy
Onward-Evermoving
Steel Prophet-Messiah

The eidolon one kicks ass, its kinda thrashy metal, good vocalist etc. Steel prophet are rather good too, kinda like a heavier maiden (they even admit to their maiden influences in the booklet!)
The deth one is alright too, except just when you think they are building up to the full on r.i.p. era thrash they pull back.....but its still good, and im really looking forward to what deth comes up with next when they see peoples reaction to this cd.
Dave knows where he should be headed now, would someone give metallica a call and tell them to pull their heads outta their arses too?

What kinda music is the Ice Age album?????

Damn you posted just after i fixed my post asking what kind of album ice age is......so heres my question again 7th :D

Spawny, I bought Poets & Madmen on Wednesday. It rocks :)

I have Steel Prophet's "Dark Hallucinations" - quite good, and their cover of Fates Warning's "The Apparition" is *awesome*. Kamelot's great as well :)

I havent listened through poets yet, i cant keep a few of the others out of my cd player long enough :D

What did you think of digimortal? Its my favorite fear factory record, i think its great.

Originally posted by Seventh Son

...Loads better than Risk....

:mad: Load is no where near as good as Risk!! :mad:

:lol: - I am pathetic, I know. Tee hee :lol:

Load really was piece of shit! Deth ain't.

For Spawn: Ice Age is prog rock. However, they aren't all that heavy. Not to say that they don't play some heavy songs though. Talent wise: they have got it! Hal (the drummer) is better than Mike Portnoy (and he sounds alot like Neil Peart - from Rush). If you want to here some samples check them out at
Magna Carta Records
I recommend checking out The Guardian Of Forever, Musical Cages and The Wolf. They are the heaviest songs. (Musical Cages is an instrumental)

Thanks 7th, im on my way to the website as i type ;)

My 2 cents: I aint a real big load fan (as ive said before, metallicas heads are stuck FIRMLY up their arses), but theres NO way risk is better than load! :D

Oh well didnt spend as much as you but i picked up a copy of Diamond Heads " Am I Evil " for $10 bucks in a second hand store . Some people just dont know how hard its to get the good old stuff on CD now days.

Steel Prophet - Messiah is incredible. The one-two punch of Ides of March(their own) and Messiah kicking things off is sublime metal :)

Agree on the awesome cover of The Apparition. You should hear them do Simple Minds - Don't You(Forget About Me), fantastic update!

Very under-rated band imo. Mythiasin with his John Arch meets Dickinson voice is something else. Awesome control.

I'm looking forward to the new one in maybe a few weeks.

NP: Rush - 2112

please not Sydo doezs not mind listening to Load. Reload signalled the 'death' of Metallica - although it can probably betraced back to the 'Black' album.

Reload simply sounds like Load B-sides! Stuff not good enough for the original, which is exactly what is was.

np.
James Squire, Original Amber Ale
Have one for Breakfast today!

:D

Let me know what you think spiff!

I forgot to add i bought alive in athens (3cd version) as well, so now i have 2 copies of it, but i can leave one at work to listen too so thats ok!

I'd rather frolic with a panda than listen to Load. The black album was bad enough, but as for that hunk of shit.....at least Megadeth's diversion was only a brief experiment.

Thats true, metallica dont know what they are doing, deth obviously do now. I keep hoping the new metallica album will be back to what they are good at, but I think its a lost cause *sigh* :cry: