Latest news about your fave band

I live on long island sound. I hate it, it's expensive and like 85 degrees. There's also waay too many tourists in the summer and in the winter the snow comes, hangs out for the morning, then melts by noon. Man I wish I lived in Norway, or Sweden. I'll take anywhere in Scandanavia over CT.

And that Birthday is fucking metal! :D

Swedish west coast, in the middle of nowhere basically. Honestly, it doesn't get any better than that :) I'll try to throw up a couple of pics some time later on. We might not be all exotic with high mountains and waterfalls.. But trust me, I haven't seen many places that are as beautiful!

I'm in Kansas now, so there's not much cool to show pictures of. Tho I do hunt in a rather nice piece of woods. I'm in eastern Kansas, so there are some hills and trees. Couple of rivers, too, but honestly, we've got bigger ones back home. These are just creeks. The Missouri is pretty big, I guess. I could dig up some good one from where I am probably going to move in the next few years, New Hampshire is cool. :)

Krigley,
Colorado is awesome, especially, like Bates said, the dry cold and heat. Politically speaking, it's a bit far out for some, though...

Ikki - you know what my favourite Spanish town is? Elche! I went there just to see La Dama de Elche, becasue I'm a nerd and all, but once I got there, I found that not only did I love La Dama herself, but I also really liked that town.

I live in Maryland. It's terrible here. The worst weather I have ever experienced. It's right in the middle of both types of weather so it constantly fluctuates. One day it'll be real hot and humid and then it'll be cold for a few days (which I like), then it'll just be dry heat for a while and just get hotter till it rains, then it repeats. And our winters are going to hell, it barely snows anymore and when it does it doesn't stay long.

I wanna move up north someday, possibly Canada. I wanna tour Northern Europe tho and meet some of my relatives. Too bad I don't speak a 2nd language.

Krigley,
Colorado is awesome, especially, like Bates said, the dry cold and heat. Politically speaking, it's a bit far out for some, though...

Ikki - you know what my favourite Spanish town is? Elche! I went there just to see La Dama de Elche, becasue I'm a nerd and all, but once I got there, I found that not only did I love La Dama herself, but I also really liked that town.

then you are lucky because as far as i know the Dama has been somewhere, I´m not sure if it was at El Pardo Museum or where but i know people from Elche fought a lot to get it back...I have oly seen a copy myself, but it´s very pretty...however i like more the north coast than mediterranean, although i recognize in terms of ruins and historical stuff, mediterranean area beats all...

but i´m sure you will like the north as well..we have the caves, you can visit Atapuerca that is not veeery far away, you will like this area for sure..

then you are lucky because as far as i know the Dama has been somewhere, I´m not sure if it was at El Pardo Museum or where but i know people from Elche fought a lot to get it back...I have oly seen a copy myself, but it´s very pretty...however i like more the north coast than mediterranean, although i recognize in terms of ruins and historical stuff, mediterranean area beats all...

I'm not sure of that. The North Coast has been consistently inhabited by humans for one of the longest periods of time, and seems to be one of the areas of Europe least affected by the various migrations, conquests, etc., at least in terms of culture. At least, so my reading would lead me to believe. :)

I'm not sure of that. The North Coast has been consistently inhabited by humans for one of the longest periods of time, and seems to be one of the areas of Europe least affected by the various migrations, conquests, etc., at least in terms of culture. At least, so my reading would lead me to believe. :)

well...you are right, as far as i know Romans had lots of difficulties to enter here because people in here were ( and still are) pretty closedand they used to live in the mountains shown on the pictures posted above so it was not easy to find them, they lived in little villages and did not mind to stay in the forrest...but finally the Romans came, never were welcomed but they were more..

I also know that Romans hired people from the north coast as mercenaries in battles because apparently they had a very bad mood and temper and did not really mind to die or be caught because they always carried a piece of one tree that kills you so when they were caught or when they were old( therefore un-useful) they ate that tree and kill themkselves..

when arabs come they conquered all Spain except the north coast because they could never crossed the mountains, the guys were in little armed groups and did what is after that known as guerrilla, so arabs never came in here..

and we got the altamira caves here as well, so people were in here since the beginning..

However in terms of old culture stuff Mediterranean area cracks, the have (ok, few names in spanish ) tartessos, fenicios, greeks,romans,arabs..and basically everybody from the ancient times as it was a nice place:)) ) full of metals, nice weather, food..so if you do a cultural trip the south is nice...

But if you are more intested in celtiberians then north is better...and definitely food here beats all:headbang: which is a nice excuse to visit us

Nothing beats this:
Image063.jpg

The seven sisters, Geiranger.
Image058.jpg

Where the fjord of Geiranger ends.
sognefjord_near_ba_galleryfull

The fjord of Sogn

I just love my country, best fucking one! :D

Blodørn;6289588 said:
Sognefjorden, yes. It's quite close to Bergen.

you are pretty right, fjords rule!! that is why i have decided to spend my summe holidays this year there..staring on the 12th of August by boat, fjords views for 7 days!:headbang:

Hey, I remember my dad rowing me around in circles there when I was about five, pretending not to know how to row until I was laughing so hard I almost peed myself... I love Norway. We used to go almost once a year when I was a kid.

Did you ever come to Ås? :p It's where I live, it's known for Tusenfryd(an amusement park), and The Norwegian University of Life Sciences. Altso, Ås is known for beeing the lair of Blodørn! \m/